Can't receive messages from one company

Use this forum to get help.

Can't receive messages from one company

Postby jajjaja » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:20 pm

I gave an unused SG address with plenty of remaining messages to a company and one email from them got through to my protected address. It seems that they have attempted to send 6 more since then (of which I would have liked to have received at least 1) because the forwarded count is now 7. However, none of these has gotten through to my protected address. The deleted count of the address I gave this company is 0. I have had no problems during the same time receiving emails from other originating addresses to other temporary addresses (a test message I just sent to this specific temporary address from an ISP different from my protected address has also arrived). I have no watchword or prefix set.
jajjaja

Re: Can't receive messages from one company

Postby josh » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:59 pm

It may be that the sender in this case has a DMARC policy in place that instructs your local email provider to discard the incoming messages because they're not coming from the sender's mail server (they're coming from the spamgourmet mail server instead, of course). I'm just guessing - but this is happening a lot recently.

If you do not have "Reply Address Masking" enabled, try turning it on, and that may solve the problem for new incoming messages. As flippant as this sounds, if you have Reply Address Masking turned on, you can try turning it off, and that may help. The possible combinations of DMARC directives and the way your mail server interprets them can result in problems (and solutions) either way.
josh

Re: Can't receive messages from one company

Postby jajjaja » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:58 pm

Thanks for the reply, josh. I'll change that and see whether it helps for future emails. I also contacted one of the customer support members from my email provider, who said he'd look for them in case they were rejected.
jajjaja

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...