Are there other services like Spamgourmet (details in post)

Use this forum to get help.

Are there other services like Spamgourmet (details in post)

Postby classic » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:49 am

Are there other spamblocking services like the amazing spamgourmet?

Here are what I'm looking for:
1) Some services let you just receive email (like mailinator or maildrop dot cc), but spamgourmet lets you send emails from your special "from" addresses, (like hellothere.bananaboats@spamgourmet.com). I want something like that.

2) No other user can read the emais sent to our special email address (unlike other services like mailinator or maildrop dot cc)

3) We can use our favorite email service (whether a webmail like gmail or one provided by our ISP) to send that email. (With Spamgourmet, we'd use something like

hellothere.bananaboats.88ac1c5ba5.friend#email.com AT ob.0sg.net
classic

Re: Are there other services like Spamgourmet (details in po

Postby josh » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:50 pm

probably - certainly there are a lot of them which will deliver to your inbox. The reply function was non-trivial to make work (especially to make it difficult to abuse), but our code is open source and has been published for over 15 years, so if there's anything to learn from it, hopefully that's out there.
josh

Re: Are there other services like Spamgourmet (details in po

Postby classic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:32 am

Thanks for the reply, Josh.

I haven't examined all the temporary-email services, but so far, i haven't found anything with the requirements I've listed in my OP.

FWIW, I asked the original question not because I want to leave SpamGourmet. I'm actually very happy about SG. Been using it for years.

If there's one problem, it's that some websites have wisened up and won't let me create an account on their site with an SG addrress.
classic

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...