Can't change protected address

Use this forum to get help.

Can't change protected address

Postby Kitchengoblin74 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:47 pm

I'm changing my email provider, so I'm changing what my protected address is.

I've changed it in the box on the main page, it says it's sending a confirmation email to the new address, but I don't ever receive that email. I've clicked "resend" a few times, and it still hasn't worked.

Any ideas? Could the new email server be blocking it automatically? Is there any way I can tell? I've checked my email settings, and there is an option for "block spam", but it's switched off.
Kitchengoblin74

Re: Can't change protected address

Postby Jim27106 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:55 am

Weird. I've changed my protected address before when I did an ISP switch.

What is your new ISP? Maybe someone here might know something specific.

Other things you could try:
can you send any email to that account.
set up a new spam gourmet account with that new ISP as the address. Then send a message. That would check connectivity between SG and new ISP.

good luck.
Jim27106

Postby Kitchengoblin74 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Still no luck. Yes, I receive ordinary emails to that account just fine. It's not my ISP, it's my webhosting. It's http://www.startlogic.com/

I'm in the process of talking to their tech support, so far with no luck. They now want to see server logs from Spamgourmet of when the confirmation email was sent. That sounds like an utterly preposterous request to me, but I'm passing it on nonetheless...
Kitchengoblin74

Postby Kitchengoblin74 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:38 am

Actually, I've just tried on another spamgourmet account, setting the protected address to a gmail account, and the confirmation email arrived fine. So it's obviously not a problem at the spamgourmet end, and I've told them as such.
Kitchengoblin74

Postby josh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:16 am

yeah - seems most likely that the new provider is refusing messages from spamgourmet for some reason.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...