Fowarding not working?

Use this forum to get help.

Fowarding not working?

Postby roxy1712 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:32 pm

Lately I've had bad luck with emails not getting forwarded to my account... sometimes they go through instantly (for example, if I sign up for a mailing list), and sometimes they never come through. Are there any issues with the server right now? (I've also noticed some companies are getting smart and blocking the spamgourmet.com domain if you use it or another domain alias as a sign up, but they don't always tell you.) Thanks!! :D
roxy1712

Re: Fowarding not working?

Postby josh » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:38 am

I'm getting some reports of mail not being received but haven't been able to isolate or reproduce the issue.
josh

Postby gb4 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:21 pm

Since April, all my purchase confirmation emails from Amazon.fr have failed to be forwarded.
Other emails from the same sender (promotion, responses by seller when I raise questions) are forwarded to my gmail address without problem.
I have checked in gmail spam, the missing mails are not there.
My amazon sg address has remaining mails allowed, and moreover amazon.fr is declared as exclusive sender.

I can't understand why the forward fails.
gb4

Postby End User » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:30 pm

gb4

Take a look at the complete header and see if any part of the addresses are changed from a '#' to '%23'. This was just found out by someone else in France. Some intermediary server was changing it and so the mail did not go through.
End User

Postby Karl-Egon » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi!

I get passed no mail, although I have not set a specific sender and high maximum (20).
Only when the sender is on the list of trusted senders the mail comes through.
But I need this address for circulars!
Earlier it works for years ...

What's going wrong?

Sunny regards,
Karl-Egon
=============================================
Hallo!

Ich bekomme keine Mails durchgeleitet, obwohl ich keinen bestimmten Absender und hohes Maximum (20) eingestellt habe.
Nur wenn der Absender auf der Liste der vertrauenswürdigen Absender steht, kommt sie durch.
Aber ich brauche diese Adresse für Rundschreiben!
Früher hat es jahrelang funktioniert ...

Was läuft falsch?

Sonnige Grüße,
Karl-Egon
das immernoch etwas andere forum:_________ http://berliner-nachrichten.eu.steingrueber.info/phpBB3/
Karl-Egon

Postby kaveena » Mon May 22, 2017 7:38 am

Hi

I have been having the same problem but less consistently. Some of the emails sent to created addresses are forwarded and some not. When I check the number of created and forwarded emails on spamgourmet they are consistent with the expected numbers but some are not received on my protected address. I did check the spam folder to no avail. Is there a way to retrieve the missing emails?

Regards,
Kaveena
kaveena

Postby Karl-Egon » Mon May 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi Kaveena,

the missing emails are gone, sorry. That's the design of Spamgourmet: not even saving the emails.
The emails will be routed in the MOMENT of ENTRANCE and that's not able to roll back: it's in the past after this moment.
But you can see the sender of the last three eaten emails and so you can test your configuration. You should test it when you make changes.

But if it works sometimes and sometimes not, your testing is a little hazardous ...
In my "lucky" case it doesn't work all the time on this specially address.

Hoping we get a solution from Josh or wisely users ...

Sunny regards,
Karl-Egon
das immernoch etwas andere forum:_________ http://berliner-nachrichten.eu.steingrueber.info/phpBB3/
Karl-Egon

Postby kaveena » Thu May 25, 2017 1:51 pm

Hello Karl-Egon,

My emails aren't eaten they are marked as forwarded by Spam Gourmet but not received on my protected address (not even as spam). Any suggestion on where the problem could be? :?:

1. I used an email account X to send an email to a spamgourmet address: Email marked as forwarded by spamgourmet and received.
2. I then used an email account Y to send an email to the same spamgourmet address as in 1. Email is marked as forwarded by spamgourmet but never received. (sending direct emails from Y to protected address works fine).
3. Tried sending emails from account Y to different spamgourmet addresses. Same result as in 2. Addresses are created and emails marked as forwarded but never received.
4. Tried sending an email from a spamgourmet address to account Y and replying from Y. Worked correctly.
5. Tried 2 and 3 again with same results. :(

Regards,
Kaveena
kaveena

Postby josh » Fri May 26, 2017 10:00 pm

Kaveena,

Do you have 'reply address masking' enabled for your account? If not, try enabling it (in Advanced Mode) and trying again.

It could be that your email service 'Y' has a DMARC policy that says emails from Y can't be expected to be coming from the spamgourmet server, and so your own receiving mail service is rejecting them because it doesn't trust them (because they are in fact coming from the spamgourmet server). Reply Address Masking will change the "From" address of the message so that it's domain is one of ours instead of 'Y', and that might clear it up.
josh

One address wierdness

Postby Jim27106 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:07 pm

My eaten log showed an address I didn't expect to see there. (My senator.) There is no exclusive sender. There were 20 messages remaining. The count had started at two. There was one message forwarded. I had increased the count to 20. There are 51 deleted messages. I changed the remaining to be 15 to see if that fixes it. Any ideas.

(I'm sure the message I missed was political nonsense so I am not that worried. I probably ought to write to him to tell him they need to figure out how to increase competition or something to rein in absurd doctor, hospital, and pharmaceutical profits. I just wish I could shop around on doctor prices - they rarely give you a number and even then it doesn't include everything.)
Jim27106

Postby jamdo63 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:00 am

Enabling "reply address masking" as described by Josh worked for me.
I was not receiving password rest emails from a site despite the spamgourmet counter rising 9 consecutive times.
Enabled Reply address masking and emails started coming.
Internet provider was both Google / gmail and Microsoft / Outlook. I changed protected address to see if it was a Google problem.
Messages were NOT going to spam. They were not being forwarded to me.
It is a bit scary that providers do not forward all emails, even to spam.
Wonder what else I am missing.
jamdo63

Postby michaeldlr » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:42 pm

I'm getting forwarding failing on a provider (names.co.uk) where everything has been working up till now. I've talked to them and although spamgourmet statistics show the mails being forwarded they don't see any attempt to contact their server from any of the spamgourmet outgoing mail servers IP addresses I can find (spamgourmet7/8/9). The mail hosting provider don't see any spamgourmet address/hostnames in their blacklists.

I've put a PM in to SysKoll with the details requested in the template. Any further suggestions?

Edit: Reply address masking is turned on; keyword enforcement is off and no keyword is defined.
michaeldlr

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...