LinkedIn emails showing tagline when disabled

Use this forum to get help.

LinkedIn emails showing tagline when disabled

Postby SkiToDie » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:37 pm

I have my account settings for "hide subject tagline" and "hide tagline for trusted/exclusive only" set to enabled. This works for all of the emails that I receive except for LinkedIn. The emails that I receive from LinkedIn have the following tagline in the subject: "(linkedin: messages-noreply@linkedin.com exclusive)". Gmail also classifies the emails as spam, so I have to move them back to my inbox. I don't know if they are getting classified as spam because of the tagline, or if the two symptoms are an indication that something else is weird with the email content.

I've had this issue since 8/15/13, but was just too lazy to report it until now. It was working correctly on 8/12/13 and prior.
SkiToDie

Re: LinkedIn emails showing tagline when disabled

Postby josh » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:02 pm

That's really strange. Is it still happening?
josh

Postby lwc » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Well, I've PMed Josh about it back in April 2013 and he said he'll try to figure it out.
lwc

Postby josh » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:58 am

All I can think of is that with the "hide tagline for trusted/exclusive only", the tagline will show unless the sender matches a trusted or exclusive sender check -- there's probably some reason why the match isn't happening.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...