No messages being delivered

Use this forum to get help.

No messages being delivered

Postby mandeno » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:06 pm

I have been using SG happily for 11 years and have created 262 "disposable" addresses over that time (although many of them are fairly permanent!) Thank you for such a great service :D

However, I have just realised that for the last two weeks I have not received any messages from SG at all. If I send a test message to a new address, the address is created, and if I send one to a existing address, the "sent" count is incremented, but none of them arrive at my real address. I would normally expect to receive several messages a day from "exclusive senders" on various addresses.

I have checked all spam folders both on my Exchange server and my email host. My email host is godaddy.com (secureserver.net).

Thank you for your help!

Graham
mandeno

Re: No messages being delivered

Postby mandeno » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:34 pm

Further to the above, I read the the Announcements posts on this board regarding ISPs blocking SG servers. (I know, I know - I should have RTFMed *first* :D)

Anyway, I changed my protected address to my GMail address and the messages are coming through successfully now. I guess that means fairly conclusively that GoDaddy is blocking SG :(

BTW, my wife and other members of my family (same domain as me) are not getting SG messages either.

Cheers,
Graham
mandeno

Postby kansaslawdog » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:41 pm

I've had the exact same problem. My hosting is through DomainZoo.com, but they are actually owned/run by secureserver.net, same as mandeno. I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with them. They made a good effort to be helpful, but they could not find any record in their server logs of Spamgourmet forwarded messages. I sent a couple of messages while on the phone with them and could see the Spamgourmet counter change, indicating that Spamgourmet forwarded the messages, but they could not see it arrive for delivery/rejection. They also said that the Spamgourmet IP address is not blocked by them and that they had introduced no updates in the past month that might have caused the change in behavior (impossible for me to verify, but so they claim).

Spamgourmet admin: Can you see anything in your logs that would indicate an issue when forwarding messages to secureserver.net? The last forwarded message I received successfully was on June 9.
kansaslawdog

Postby kansaslawdog » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:52 pm

All my messages through Spamgourmet are now appearing to be delivered. I hounded the secureserver.net people with e-mail and phone calls the last several days. I haven't heard from them recently, so I'm guessing that they found the problem and quietly fixed it. I wonder, mandeno, if your service through GoDaddy once again supports forwarded messages from Spamgourmet.
kansaslawdog

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...