Can't change my real email address

Use this forum to get help.

Can't change my real email address

Postby Wolfram » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:47 am

Hi,

I'd like to change my real email address, but I don't receive any confirmation email. I've already checked for the new destination address working, and there's no spelling mistake (because of cut&paste). I've tried it several times, even with different providers. It's allways the same (negative) result. What's wrong? :cry:

Wolfram
Wolfram

Re: Can't change my real email address

Postby aneta » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:38 am

I'm having this problem too - can't change real email address.

I've tried with two different computers, browsers, and email addresses. I have javascript enabled, nothing blocked, dom.storage.enabled (when in Firefox) (sometimes that can be an issue with sites). I've checked spelling of the new address, and I checked that messages can be received at that address, and that the confirmation email didn't go into a spam folder.

The form says:
Protected address: [ current address that I want to replace ]

Then, I enter the new address into the box to replace the current address and press enter or click save. The form displays "The address will be changed to ....@.......com [i.e., new address to change to - which is correct] when you confirm using the link that was emailed to that address."

Then, nothing. And when l "click here to re-send", also nothing. However, my firewall log indicates that traffic did go through to spamgourmet.com on port 443 at the very time I clicked, each time.

{edited to add: nothing else is wrong. I'm still getting emails at the current address. I just can't change it to a new one.)

Any insights?
Thanks. Aneta
aneta

Postby josh » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:00 pm

So you're not receiving the confirmation email message at the new address?
josh

Postby aneta » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:43 am

josh wrote:So you're not receiving the confirmation email message at the new address?

That's correct - not receiving it - retried today.

1/7/2015 - Retried again, w/ different real address this time. Confirmation email not received.
aneta

Postby aneta » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:03 am

Retried again - w/ different browser, different email. Confirmation email NOT received, and it was not treated as spam either - I checked this.

It has been almost a year - I pretty much gave up on this, but not completely - Josh if you know of an explanation why the confirmation email appears to not go out, please respond. thx
aneta

Postby josh » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:23 am

can you PM me your spamgourmet username?
josh

Postby aneta » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:34 am

Thanks Josh for your swift reply of 9 months ago that I never acknowledged. :-(

I'm now getting the confirmation email.

I don't know all of what went wrong, but some.

The email that I had chosen was with pobox.com, which is itself a forwarding service. Now, pobox.com is a great service that I've used for years. However, it seems to not want to work with spamgourmet. I guess that's understandable....

At any rate, this week I decided to try again to change the protected email, to something other than pobox.com, and lo, this time it took, and the confirmation message arrived.

I noticed this time (can't remember if this was true previously) that on one attempt to change the email, the "save" button was grayed out or dead, making it impossible to put a different address in - and this was possibly due to having javascript disabled in the browser (?) because when I turned javascript on, all was well and I could enter the email and the confirmation message did arrive. But maybe javascript is not a factor because when I test this now in hindsight, having javascript off is NOT an impediment. I think it is all these factors together that made for confusion. If previously, the save button was dead [for a reason I still don't know] AND at other tries it wasn't dead and the email took BUT I still didn't receive the confirmation message because of pobox.com - then between those different issues I believed I was stuck, when I really wasn't.

Wish I remembered exactly how this all went down, which is crucial to troubleshooting, I know...

Anyway all is hunky dory now. Back to zapping spam...

Sure, I could have started a new account, but there were changes I wished to make in my existing disposables, and now I can do that.
aneta

Postby Nuke » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:13 pm

I changed mine just now. The first attempt I got no confirming email; the second attempt I did. The new one seems to work.
Nuke

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...