Uh-oh, I think I may be lost... EVEN MORE!

Use this forum to get help.

Uh-oh, I think I may be lost... EVEN MORE!

Postby kokoko » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:22 am

The whole Spamgourmet setup looks so different now that I've registered it on my new Tablet.
I can't seem to find the "lists" of user names and addresses that I have on my cell phone.

Can anybody tell me how to find it, so I can create a new email address and get started?

(I did finally create a couple new email addresses and they seem to work, BUT they still
don't seem to show up on any list I can find.)

I might add, I've tried every kind of search I can think of, but still get no results. Can it be
that the current version of Spamgourmet doesn't keep lists of addresses?

Please help!

(WHAT!? SO FAR, FORTY-TWO PEOPLE have read this, and not one can come up with a reply?

Sounds to me like Spamgourmet may have changed a lot from how it used to be. Maybe you
simply have no use anymore for "Lists" of email names. Or at least have no single page where
they are listed, as you had years ago. You even had a link that said, "Show hidden addresses,"
and then you clicked and it would take you there. (This was in the No-Brainer Mode," another
thing you seem to have done away with.)

Oh, well, if I've mystified you all, don't bother. I'll manage somehow.

kokoko

Re: Uh-oh, I think I may be lost... EVEN MORE!

Postby josh » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:11 pm

if you used spamgourmet before at any time, you should be able to use it now in the same way you used to.
josh

Re: Uh-oh, I think I MAY NOT BE LOST ANYMORE!!!

Postby kokoko » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:36 am

Thanks, Josh, that's very comforting. But, ah, what I am trying to get across is that *nothing* about Spamgourmet appears the same as it does on my cell phone.

I will try below to enumerate a few of the differences.

First, the FAQ on my phone seems to have entirely different questions and entirely different answers than the FAQ here.

Second... the Spamgourmet I use on my phone has two modes: the NoBrainer Mode and
the Advanced Mode. I normally use the Advanced Mode. (But here, I don't see either listed.)

Third, my phone's Spamgourmet has a page with links to a total of FOUR downloads...
dating from 2001 to 2007.

Moreover, on my phone's Spamgourmet there is a link called "Store," where one can purchase dozens of Spamgourmet HATS, T-SHIRTS, etc.

I don't see any of the above here.

When I get some time, I will name some other differences. THE MAIN DIFFERENCE, and most important to me, is THERE IS NO LISTING HERE of my various Spamgourmet addresses.

UPDATE:

OMG! ... Or should I scream "Eureka!" I've found the answer.

All along I was bothered by the way THE URL here was prefaced with "bbs." I wondered why, because I don't recall Spamgourmet ever having *that* attached.

So this time, I pondered it once again -- but THIS time I decided to type the Spamgourmet address AS I REMEMBERED IT: http://www.spamgourmet.com/

Once I clicked it, EVERYTHING BECAME CLEAR -- for the Spamgourmet I knew and loved
instantly showed up!

(What's more, it didn't recognize me, at least not by the new name I registered as "HERE".)

Apparently there are TWO Spamgourmets. Or perhaps even many.

No wonder I couldn't see any familiar landmarks. My guess is that "bbs" indicates this is
the British version of Spamgourmet... am I right? And are the two affiliated?

Anyway, I believe that now I can sort it all out. Thanks for your attention.

kokoko

Re: Uh-oh, I think I may be lost... EVEN MORE!

Postby josh » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:14 pm

bbs stands for "bulletin board system" (I think). This is the discussion forum *about* spamgourmet, not spamgourmet itself.

I used to run them on the same machine, but it seems like a better idea to keep them separate.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...