new craigslist relay system

Use this forum to get help.

new craigslist relay system

Postby brd » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:02 am

Has anyone else had problems with this? I have always used a spamgourmet address for my CL acct. When I got an email, it had the email address of the sender and I could reply directly to them if I chose. Now the buyer responds to a scrambled address in the add, CL sends me the message with a scrambled reply to, so it's all hidden and craigslist is the middleman.

So I reply to the masked spamgourmet address that then replies to the CL buyer address that the relay that is then supposed to email the user, but I don't think CL is letting any through that come from the spamgourmet one.

I sent a test message from a different acct to the scrambled CL buyer address and it comes through, but when I reply to it, I never get it on the other end.
brd

Re: new craigslist relay system

Postby josh » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:57 pm

I can reproduce the problem, but the spamgourmet server doesn't see any errors - it thinks it delivered the message to the craigslist mail server just fine. But then, yes, the message never shows up for the recipient. I don't have much to go on - do you know anyone at craigslist? :)
josh

Re: new craigslist relay system

Postby classic » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:20 pm

I have the same problem with the Craiglist email relay system.

I previously had a hotmail.com email address registered with Craiglist. Then I changed it to a SpamG address. I posted ads on CL. When people respond to my ads, I get their emails. But when I reply to them, I hear nothing back.

I tried responding to my own post, to an email address that looks like ntpc2-92471098471@pers.craigslist.org, from my, for instance, realemailaddress AT yahoo DOT com address.
That email of mine successfully goes through, just as all the real responders' emails get through to me. But when I respond to myself, to an address that looks like

mycll.spamgourmetKeyWord.11522b376a.c71 ... ob.0sg.net, it never goes through.

So should we abstain from registering a spamgourmet email address with CL?
classic

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...