Reply Address Masking bouncing Samba emails

Use this forum to get help.

Reply Address Masking bouncing Samba emails

Postby keithrob91 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi,

I'm new to sg and I think I must have mis-understood Reply Address Masking. I have it enabled, and have registered with the Samba mailing list. I have posted a question on this list, using an appropriate disposable address and the list has received it (and so have I) and someone has replied to it which I have received. All good!

I am now trying to reply to the reply and I'm getting a message from the list stating a moderator has to approve it because "Post by non-member to a members-only list". The email is direct to my protected address, so I am assuming the reply message I have created is not going via sg and instead going straight to Samba? This would be consistent with the message I am receiving from the Samba list.

Isn't Reply Address Masking supposed to sort this out for me?
keithrob91

Re: Reply Address Masking bouncing Samba emails

Postby josh » Tue May 28, 2013 6:53 pm

I suppose it goes without saying, but you do have Reply Address Masking enabled, right? It's not enabled by default.
josh

Postby keithrob91 » Tue May 28, 2013 7:45 pm

Lol! Yes I do. I have also setup the samba address as an exclusive sender as all emails are sent to it. If that makes a difference?
keithrob91

Postby josh » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:56 pm

Really not sure what's going on. The message you got about moderator approval doesn't provide more details? Like what it's seeing as the sender?
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...