facebook and yahoo problem

Use this forum to get help.

facebook and yahoo problem

Postby zishr » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:13 am

I went to change my facebook email address. So first they don't let me use spamgourmet as my email domain! They blacklisted it. So, I tried with an alternate domain. I used recursor.net. This time it worked. I receive an email in my account (yahoo) from facebook that a new email has been added to my facebook account. It also sent another email to my newly created disposable account but I never got it. My forwarding secret address on SG is also an yahoo account. So, I went to facebook and resent the confirmation email. Still I don't receive any email from facebook. But the counter on SG shows that it forwarded 2 messages. Then I changed my secret email from yahoo to my super secret gmail account. This time I get my confirmation email? So, to test things out I changed my email back to yahoo and sent an email myself to the new disposable account. This time I got it. So, it looks like when facebook sends a email that comes via SG, Yahoo rejects it. Any idea?
zishr

Re: facebook and yahoo problem

Postby josh » Mon May 06, 2013 7:22 pm

Can't be sure what's going on here - but I did just fix a bug with multi-line headers that may have explained the problem. You might try again when you have a chance.
josh

Postby John » Thu May 09, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm having a similar problem with Facebook. The confirmation emails never arrive, no matter which SG domain I use. Nor with gmail or hotmail. The addresses are never created either, so apparently they are not even making it to SG?
John

Postby josh » Fri May 10, 2013 3:43 pm

I just added a new facebook address using @recursor.net - came through OK. Could this be a watchword block?
josh

Postby steveparbbs » Mon May 20, 2013 5:18 am

This is interesting as I have been experiencing a very similar problem for weeks/months now. In fact it became such a protracted problem that I all but stopped using SG, and let me be clear, I am not seeking to apportion blame here. I have always found SG to be a very reliable solution to an inveterate problem: how to communicate effectively using email without setting one's self up for being spammed shamelessly. SG has spared me huge volumes of annoying and irritating spam over the years so I am enormously grateful for that. Of course, we are always told that SG should not be used for important or essential emails, to which I would answer that all my emails are important or essential, at least at the time I am interested in receiving them they are!

Anyhow, back to the problem. I recently enrolled for a distance learning programme, which I paid for on-line. The initial emails acknowledging my enrolment and payment came through without a problem. Subsequently, I was required to access the online learning portal using my user name and password. As I wasn't able to gain access using my credentials I asked for a password reset. I received a confirmation that a reset link had been sent to my registered email address. I never received it. I have since tried repeatedly to obtain the reset link. Each time I receive a message confirming that a reset email has been sent but nothing is ever received. This is such an issue that I am likely going to have no choice but to contact the web portal and give them my gmail address, which I would prefer to avoid if I could. It strikes me that this is very similar to the problem described for facebook and yahoo, and likely has the same cause. On another note, I notice I am unable to access SG website at the moment. I receive a message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0 Server at http://www.spamgourmet.com Port 80

Incidentally, it would be really helpful if there was a 'last message received/forwarded date/time' field for each discrete email address. It would be much easier to see if emails were actually being received and forwarded or not.

Thanks,
steveparbbs

Postby John » Mon May 20, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm not using watchwords.

The www.spamgourmet.com site is down for me too.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0 Server at www.spamgourmet.com Port 80
John

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...