New from address

Use this forum to get help.

New from address

Postby beans » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:17 am

My spamgourmet email is forwarded to my gmail account. I've been getting a lot less email over the past month and just found out that the FROM address for incoming spamgourmet emails has changed. It used to be from [some long address]@spamgourmet.com, so I had a gmail filter to let everything through that was from spamgourmet.com. Now the spamgourmet emails are from ob.0sg.net. So a lot of my emails went to my spam folder. I've since added the ob.0sg.net address to my filters.

Does anyone know why this changed?

Does anyone know of a catchall filter that I could use for spamgourmet & gmail so that I don't have this issue again?

Thanks.
beans

Re: New from address

Postby josh » Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:56 pm

that was a one time thing - sorry about that. Previously, the redirection addresses (the From addresses in this case) needed to have plus signs in them so that the code could distinguish them from regular disposable addresses. By changing all the redirection addresses to go to ob.0sg.net, we were able to get rid of the plus signs, which solves problems for people with dumb-ish email client software, of which there are many.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...