Exclusive sender not working?

Use this forum to get help.

Exclusive sender not working?

Postby AncientPC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Some of my spamgourmet email addresses have been leaked, and thus a lot of spam comes in on them. Spamgourmet manages to handle most of them just fine, but spam from trusted domains still get through due to spoofed email headers (e.g. gmail.com, paypal.com).

I want all emails to certain spamgourmet addresses to be eaten, so I set an exclusive sender to a personal, rare-named domain. However I'm still getting spam in on those email addresses. Is this due to a mis-configuration on my end, trusted sender always taking priority over exclusive sender, or is exclusive sender not working?
AncientPC

Re: Exclusive sender not working?

Postby pblinks » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Trusted senders are always able to send you e-mail, no matter what particular configuration the sg address is set to (even zero remaining count). Adding widely spoofed domains to the trusted senders list is, in my opinion, a big no-no.

The leaked addresses which you do not want to use are ok to be set to zero remaining messages, no need for exclusive sender. But you will have to remove the spoofed domains from the trusted senders list.
pblinks

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...