duplicate address/website email address problem??

Use this forum to get help.

duplicate address/website email address problem??

Postby kyotolearner » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:51 pm

i encountered a glitch that I thought I would inform the admin about, but then I found another glitch, and another...

first glitch: I have a duplicate of the same address, with different stats...not a problem, I guess, but odd....

second:
this led me to try to make contact...but the email link on the contact page did not work (the address showed as a semi-colon in windows mail. copying the address worked, but

3rd: when I tried to send it via one of my disposable addresses using the form on the website, my webmail refused to do it. It didn't like the format.
"use an email address that looks like user@example.com or a ... name from your contacts."

I know it was a strange way to do things (why not use windows mail once I copied the contact address: I dont actually use windows mail, but my computer pops it up sometimes when I click links. I need to fix that but haven't. Why use disposable address...well why not use a disposable one? )

anyway, it is not important, but still, as I know some people are meticulous, there is the off chance an appropriate person might read this...

good luck. thanks for the service.
kyotolearner

Re: duplicate address/website email address problem??

Postby RobOppen » Wed May 22, 2013 7:53 am

I have some duplicate addresses too. I used keyword "instantcheck" and it now has 6 duplicate entries in the SG disposable addresses database. The database says all were created on 2013-05-02 15:00 (but my records show I first gave out this addr on 12/2/2012).

(On or about 5/2/13, I may have changed the msgs-left count for this keyword. I don't remember for sure.)

I first used this addr on 12/2/2012 at http://www.instantcheckmate.com who appears to be a major spammer. I received some spam emails to this addr again today (5/22/13) - so I went to set the count-of-msgs-left to zero and the SG Search returned 6 duplicate entries. I set them all to zero, but if SG creates a new entry each time, then the spam will still come thru. However, todays spam emails appeared to have been correctly counted against one of the 6 entries.

I also have 2 duplicate entries for "thepcsoftwarecon" (not a spammer). Both were created 2013-02-07 09:57 (which is the date I first used that address).

Perhaps the SG servers were having a bad day on 5/2/13 and 2/7/13 and created some dup entries. My other 519 disposable addresses are all working just fine.

-Rob
PS Love SG!
RobOppen

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...