Starcraft/Broodwar (Battle.net) & Email Addresses

Use this forum to get help.

Starcraft/Broodwar (Battle.net) & Email Addresses

Postby FishInSpace » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:17 am

Hi.

Currently, I am testing an @xoxy email address for password-recovery on Battle.net (Starcraft/Broodwar).
It works perfectly fine when receiving emails from Blizzard's email servers.

However, when attempting to change the assigned email address, replying to the automated emails creates a problem.
Blizzard's email server seems to be rejecting replies from the @xoxy email.

The E-Mail-Change processes uses three steps:
#1: Blizzard sends a confirmation email to the original address with very specific message content.
#2: The user replies to this email, sending back the exact same message content.
#3: If the reply's message content matches, the email-change becomes official.

I have tested email-changing from an @gmail to an @xoxy successfully.
However, I cannot reverse this (@xoxy -> @gmail) since the @xoxy replies don't reach Blizzard's email server.

(Is it Blacklisted?)
I do not think Blizzard's email server is blacklisting @xoxy emails, since it can already send emails to @xoxy.
After experimenting a bit, I've found Blizzard's email server will reject emails if the message content has been altered. (This was tested by sending a reply-email with message contents: "Testing"). If the message content does not match, even replies from @gmail rebound with an error.
As a result, I think email-replies from @xoxy may contain some slight alteration which causes Blizzard's email server to reject it. I am not entirely sure this is the case.

email.change@useast.battle.net
all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts or (invalidly) to IP addresses

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

account.password.recovery@asia.battle.net

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 Transaction failed (state 17).

Sorry for the long post.
Since this seems to be an awkward/unique issue, I an hoping there is some trick I am unaware about which might get reply-emails through to Blizzard's server.
FishInSpace

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...