Help! I'm not getting email from a particular address.

Use this forum to get help.

Help! I'm not getting email from a particular address.

Postby greatwolf » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:46 pm

I've already sent a PM to Josh for help on this but I'm starting a thread here just incase others run into similar issues:

For reference, the PM sent:

* My spamgourmet account is: runesofmagic.greatwolf@spamgourmet.com

* My protected address is: --

* I went to my www.spamgourmet.com account and, in the Advanced tab, I disabled the Watchword enforcement, or made sure it was already disabled YES__X___ NO____

* Still in the same Advanced tab, I deleted my prefix, or made sure I didn't have any prefix defined YES__X__ NO____

* Then I sent myself a test message from the email "--" to the disposable address runesofmagic.greatwolf@spamgourmet.com on (date) 4/23/2012 1:24PM

I received the test message but not the email from support@frogster-online.com. Spamgourmet does decrement the counts correctly and increments the sent count correctly. The email from "support@frogster-online.com" just never shows up. Please help.

I'm requesting a 'password reset' from http://support.frogster-online.com/app/ ... assistance but that email never arrives in my inbox.

Here are the things I've already tested and verified:
    Watchword enforcement is off
    No prefix words are set -- that field is blank
    Set the remaining count back to 20

Here are the things I've noticed:

I've set remaining count to 0 and then requesting another email. The eaten spam log shows 'support@frogster-online.com' under the from column. That's how I found out which mail wasn't coming through and from where.

When testing from another email address, all seems fine. I've tested this from a gmail account and from lavabit.com email account.

The sent count and remain count increments and decrements properly when 'support@frogster-online.com' email comes in.

Changing the protected email address from my gmx.com one to lavabit.com does not fix the problem. The same thing still happens. This indicates that it shouldn't be a problem from the email provider's end -- eg. they're not blocking emails from certain domains.

Anyone have any ideas why I'm not receiving the email for password reset from 'support@frogster-online.com'? This is quite frustrating since I cannot access my game account without this!
greatwolf

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...