Missing emails

Use this forum to get help.

Missing emails

Postby Case » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:40 am

I am missing an email I should have got 24 hours ago. I sent myself an email to xoxy.net and one to spamgourmet.com a few hours ago and still haven't got it.

Upon checking my spam folder I noticed gmail has been flagging a lot of spamgourmet emails (either domain) as spam lately... but nothing the last few days.

Is everything fixed and on time now?
Case

Postby josh » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:18 pm

everything's fixed from Monday and things seem zippy from here
josh

How to find out what is wrong with the sg account ?

Postby ronbarak » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:31 am

josh wrote:everything's fixed from Monday and things seem zippy from here

Well, I'm still not getting either regular mails or test mails that I sent to my gmail account using sg. Same mails sent directly to the same gmail account arrive without problems.

It seems that just the bulk of mails do not get through sg, as some emails seem to pass through.

Latest test:

gmail -> ron_test_1241.comverse@9ox.net -> gmail: never arrived, and checking on sg, there's no counter created for ron_test_1241.comverse@9ox.net.

gmail -> ron_test_1249.rbarakx@9ox.net -> gmail: arrived correctly.

So, problem is with the "comverse" sg account.

I created a message with the following in the "To" field:
test_comverse_1312.comverse@9ox.net test_rbarakx_1312.rbarakx@9ox.net

And, as suspected, only one arrived - the one using 'rbarakx' (+test_rbarakx_1312+rbarakx+ad2683d0cd.r ... ourmet.com).

Can you suggest how to find out what is wrong with the 'comverse' sg account ?

Thanks,
Ron.

ronbarak

Postby Case » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:00 pm

I've been sending myself test emails for a couple of days now and not getting them. I've got one or two mails from SG domains where I'm probably missing around 10 a day (not counting tests).

I just checked my SG account and it's not finding any emails sent to the new addresses I've created. I'm not getting a bounce back or anything either.
Case

Postby ronbarak » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:27 am

Case wrote:I've been sending myself test emails for a couple of days now and not getting them. I've got one or two mails from SG domains where I'm probably missing around 10 a day (not counting tests).

I just checked my SG account and it's not finding any emails sent to the new addresses I've created. I'm not getting a bounce back or anything either.

The strange thing is that one SG account works, while another doesn't.
In my case the one that works has very light traffic routed through it, while the one that does not forward any mails (for more than a week now), is my main SG account, so - basically - I'm f**ked.

I hope this is all connected to the New Year's parties, and not to the dead birds/fish phenomena ;-)

Update: the blocked SG account is operational again, but seems the backlog is lost (some 10 days of messages). :cry:
Last edited by ronbarak on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ronbarak

Postby qqdcqqdc » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:50 am

I had the same prob (1 SG acct worked, another didn't) since Jan 3rd. I PM'd Josh and Syscoll with form in help stickie. Fixed within (this last) 1 hour. Dunno what the prob was. Looking forward to an answer. Thanks to whoever fixed it.
qqdcqqdc

Postby Case » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:04 am

qqdcqqdc wrote:I had the same prob (1 SG acct worked, another didn't) since Jan 3rd. I PM'd Josh and Syscoll with form in help stickie. Fixed within (this last) 1 hour. Dunno what the prob was. Looking forward to an answer. Thanks to whoever fixed it.

Mine seems to be fixed now too.

Hope I didn't lose anything important. It seems like at least once a year theres a significant amount of down time.
Case

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...