Unable to send a reply from a particular SG e-mail..

Use this forum to get help.

Unable to send a reply from a particular SG e-mail..

Postby DrkShadow » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:39 pm

It seems I signed up with Sun using sun.2.myuser a spamgourmet.com. That's how it shows the address when I look it up by the word "sun". It seems also that I signed up to something else from sun by using sun.10.myuser a spamgourmet.com.

The latter, sun.10, has started receiving marketing material. I'm pretty sure they would honor their opt out, but I think I need to send the opt-out e-mail from the sun.10.myuser a spamgourmet.com. I can't hit reply because it would go to the noreply e-mail, not the opt-out e-mail.

Ok, no problem. Go to the SG interface, look up my "sun" e-mail, but... I can _only_ send e-mail from sun.2.myuser a spamgourmet.com. I tried filling out the create new address, with word "sun", number "10" domain spamgourmet.com, but it said that word already exists and pre-selected sun.2.myuser a spamgourmet.com

... is there anything I can do about this?

BTW, the link at the top of the page (bbs.spamgourmet.com, very upper right corner) links back to www.spamgourmet.com, not bbs.spamgourmet.com..
DrkShadow

Postby lwc » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Unfortunately, Spamgourmet can accidentally create identical addresses if multiple messages arrive at the same time to the same address. Your only move is to PM Josh and ask him to remove one of the addresses.

But if it's urgent, there's nothing stopping you from simply faking your "From" address by changing your address setting in an external e-mail client. Some clients even let you dynamically change it right from the "compose" screen. Just note Spamgourmet won't hide the fact it's faked (see link). Even more than that, you need a commercial SMTP server because free ones don't let you fake your address (if they even let you use an external e-mail client in the first place).
lwc

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...