Trusted sender

Use this forum to get help.

Trusted sender

Postby babuniki » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:48 pm

I have added a trusted sender to my list but the set number of received emails from that address is still counting down i. e. the rule is not working.

The problem with the sender's address is that it contains blanks ("NETTO Newsletter - info@netto-supermarkt.de" - as copied from the header information). I have tried several syntax variations but without success.

What would be the correct syntax for entering this address to the Trusted Senders?

Nic
babuniki

Postby lwc » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:32 am

What you described is not the address but the sender's name plus the address. Just use the address itself (user@domain).

And please use an actual subject next time (e.g. "trusted sender doesn't seem to work"). Also, it's pretty ironic you do unto others as you wouldn't have them do unto you (i.e. you expose their address here).
lwc

Postby babuniki » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:32 pm

lwc wrote:Just use the address itself (user@domain).

I have tried that one first - but it doesn't work. In the header's FROM line the whole string appears in quotes and somehow the senders's naked address is not recognized by the SG filter.

lwc wrote:Also, it's pretty ironic you do unto others as you wouldn't have them do unto you (i.e. you expose their address here).

That's the address the discounter self-'exposes' on its website - together with an email link. Then what is left to be exposed?

Nic
babuniki

Postby lwc » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:41 pm

Sounds as if you're describing a reply masked address. But I'll leave it to some admin to investigate.

Just because they're idiots doesn't mean you have to go along...maybe tommorow they'll come to their senses in their own site but their address would still remain here.
lwc

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...