Not receiving battlenet emails

Use this forum to get help.

Not receiving battlenet emails

Postby nesty » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi there,

I tried to create a Blizzard Battlenet account with a disposable address but never got a confirmation email from them. I got impatient so I created the account using a different non disposable address and was able to get the confirmation email on that one.

Then later I managed to create another account using the disposable email address and I did in fact get the confirmation email.

So everything is a mess and now I have 2 accounts with my game being registered on an account that has the wrong email address.

I'm trying to change my email address on that account to one of our disposable addresses but I am no longer able to receive the confirmation emails. I tried changing to other non disposable addresses that I have and I'm getting the confirmation emails on those just fine. When I send test emails to the disposable address I'm trying to use it works fine for me.

I'm not really sure how to troubleshoot this. Is there a way somebody can check the smtp server logs and see what the hell is going on? Should I contact Blizzard about this or is the problem on SGs end?
nesty

Postby Paranoid2000 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:04 pm

If the second (working) disposable address used a different domain from the first, then the problem is most likely to be at Blizzard's end (i.e. them blacklisting the domain used on your first email).

It would be best for you to contact Blizzard and explain the problem.
Paranoid2000

Postby nando78 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Do you guys get a reasonable response from people/businesses when you explain you are using your disposable email addresses for them if you cant get registration emails?

I'm guessing they would just argue about the why are you using a DEA for their service in the first place
nando78

Postby Paranoid2000 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:53 pm

nando78 wrote:Do you guys get a reasonable response from people/businesses when you explain you are using your disposable email addresses for them if you cant get registration emails?
Mostly, when I point out that:
  • giving them a unique address allows me to identify and advise them if their system is ever compromised by a spammer;
  • Spamgourmet has outlasted 3 ISPs that I've been with (i.e. ISP addresses can be less permanent than SG ones);
  • my current ISP offers no free email service.
The main problem is where company systems cannot handle the longer SG email addresses (I normally use the website URL as the alias replacing dots with dashes) and silently truncate it - that is a programming problem at their end but convincing them of that can be non-trivial.
Paranoid2000

Postby Tarkus » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm

That's one reason why I use the xoxy.net domain. It's not only more convenient, but creates shorter addresses.

I think some sites might choke on the two periods before the @, also, returning an "Invalid Email Address."
Tarkus

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...