Spam Received.

Use this forum to get help.

Spam Received.

Postby kerflot » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:12 am

Before I started using an index name I used the standard SG form of address to a "reputable" software supplier.
Unfortunately their security was compromised and I've been getting regular spams to this particular address and not only that the counter seems to restart after 20 spams to this address.
I have a spam filter in place to stop these things getting to my email client's inbox but just the same I would like to rid myself of these annoyances.
Is it at all possible to have this particular email address removed from the SG system? :roll:

I don't know if this helps but 2 examples of these spams are: +name1+name2+639df98c4f.vics#yahoo.com@spamgourmet.com ; +name1+name2+f4c9e4a991.mostnuye#yahoo. ... ourmet.com [yahoo.com I think is common to all tho I haven't scrutinised every single one].
kerflot

Postby kerflot » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:42 am

Bump!
kerflot

Postby clio » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Hello kerflot

Perhaps I am not understanding your problem correctly, but it seems to me that if you do not want any spam emails forwarded to your email client, then you should reset the "Remaining Messages" count to 0 for that particular address.

You mentioned that "the counter seems to restart after 20 spams." This is a problem I have not heard of on Spamgourmet before. Can you provide more details?
clio

Postby kerflot » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:05 am

Thank you for your reply.
You got it right, I set the counter to 0 but they still seem to keep coming.
This might take a few days but I'll try to post the complete header of the next one (without private details).
I have set up my mail server account to block these so I'll have to reset things there to let one through.
kerflot

Postby kerflot » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:15 am

Don't know if this explains things but what happened was I made up an email address along the lines word.name.9.myname@spamgourmet.com and submitted it to the software vendor.
After a few months they were attacked by a virus that grabbed email addresses from their computer, so they have my full SG address including prefix.
I noticed on my account page that some are blocked but this doesn't explain about the ones that got through.
Perhaps something peculiar happened with the email server account and it was resending ones that were sent before I zeroed my address.
kerflot

Postby clio » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Do you have a trusted or exclusive sender set on your Spamgourmet account? If so, that might explain how a few messages got through.
clio

Postby kerflot » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:39 am

Thanks again Clio. I've been keeping an eye on things and I'm not having anymore hassles. I'm now beginning to wonder if I didn't misread the list and in fact saw my address in the column that shows 'sender' and not 'recipient'.
I only have one exclusive sender set on my Spamgourmet account and it wasn't the address in question.
I'm going to let the matter rest.
kerflot

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...