No mail today Oct 17

Use this forum to get help.

No mail today Oct 17

Postby qqdcqqdc » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:30 pm

I've tried a couple accts, a couple ISP's, a couple domains:
It appears the mail's not getting to SG (msg counts not increasing, new disposables not created)
:( :( :(

I sent the details in PM using the form
qqdcqqdc

Re: No mail today Oct 17

Postby gourmet » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:05 am

Confirmed, system seems to be down...
gourmet

Postby lwc » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 pm

Please don't ignore existing topics. Can someone merge this?
lwc

Postby mykro » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:57 pm

gourmet7.spamgourmet.com pingable, but I cannot get any answer on port 25 (from several hosts). Is there a serious problem?

Thank you
mykro

Postby lwc » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:46 pm

Can someone lock this topic so they'll go back to the existing topic?
lwc

ack

Postby Karl-Egon » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 pm

A receiver complained, one of my SG-mails (the only one, which I send yesterday or today) from yesterday did not arrive yet after nearly 24 hours ?
das immernoch etwas andere forum:_________ http://berliner-nachrichten.eu.steingrueber.info/phpBB3/
Karl-Egon

Which existing topic?

Postby qqdcqqdc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:50 am

lwc wrote:Can someone lock this topic so they'll go back to the existing topic?

Sorry, newbie here.

What is the "existing topic"? "Very slow email (some 6 hours, one haven't seen after 18 hr)"? This is "no mail", but You like it in "slow mail" it wasn't clear to me.

I expected service outage would be under "news" link on SG homepage. That used to point to a news page, but now it points at the "Discussion of items in the "What's New" log." forum. Where's the "What's New" log. In that forum? Service problems seemed to be in help forum, so that's where I did it.

Sorry I just need a little guidance to fulfill your posting expectations.
qqdcqqdc

Re: Which existing topic?

Postby lwc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:47 am

qqdcqqdc wrote:Service problems seemed to be in help forum, so that's where I did it.

The phrase "existing topic" was a link. Now I'll give it to you directly:
http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1114
This is the topic that mentions such things. There's no need to open a new topic everytime a new user comes to the site and thinks he's the first user ever to report delay problems. If there's a delay problem, you should add new posts to that topic instead of here.

It's true for any topics. The point is to search and then continue existing discussions instead of duplicating them. In this specific case, the previous identical topic is currently 2 posts under this one, so searching wasn't even needed.
lwc

Re: Which existing topic?

Postby mykro » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:38 am

lwc wrote:
qqdcqqdc wrote:Service problems seemed to be in help forum, so that's where I did it.

It's true for any topics. The point is to search and then continue existing discussions instead of duplicating them. In this specific case, the previous identical topic is currently 2 posts under this one, so searching wasn't even needed.

Sorry lwc, I thought the problem now is different from the already reported one, because there is no delay but rather a total refuse of connections on port 25.

mykro
mykro

Postby lwc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:32 am

The other topic is about general problems regarding sending/receiving e-mail. Everytime a problem rises again, it's supposed to get bumped.

The only saving grace would have been if the OP actually wrote your description in the subject. But since he chose a general subject anyway, he might as well continued the original general topic.

And now it happens again (that was a link) and even in the wrong forum! So as of now we already have 2 topics about this. The more it continues, the more topics we'll have. This is because every new user just pops in their own topic (sometimes in the wrong forum) as if it's a PM system.
lwc

Re: No mail today Oct 17

Postby ronbarak » Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi,
Seems the problem is still with us on 2009.10.19
Is there an estimate on [b]when[/b] the problem will be [i]solved[/i] ?
Bye,
Ron.
ronbarak

SG still down...

Postby iairavat » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:18 pm

I have not received any mail since Friday October 16 at 6:19pm. Tried a test this morning October 19, at 7:00am and the system is still down...

OUCH!!
\iairavat
iAiravat
iairavat

Released!

Postby Karl-Egon » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:44 pm

Obviously the knot burst now:
I got the first mail since Friday a half hour ago, which was already sent two days ago to my SG-address.

gourmet said, the server seemed to be down.
The mail traffic was completely stopped!
Thus it was another topic, than the general delays, which where are differently discussed.
To that extent it was thus correct to begin here a new topic!

@ lwc

It is beautiful that you would like to provide here for order, but one can also exaggerate it!

This topic of the server loss would have been wrong in the topic suggested by you and would have gone down there.
    And links can be shown also as such, if you underline them, mark they bold, or colored. Or, if you post the address without modifications ...
Obviously, you are no moderator here and that seems obvious also well in such a way. Do not act as one up!

Now Josh or SysKoll could announce here, what the problem was on this weekend and then could close the topic.

Okay?

For that:

K-E
das immernoch etwas andere forum:_________ http://berliner-nachrichten.eu.steingrueber.info/phpBB3/
Karl-Egon

Re: Released!

Postby qqdcqqdc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:47 pm

Karl-Egon wrote:This message of the server loss would have been wrong in the topic suggested by you and would have gone down there.
    And links can be shown also as such, if you underline them, mark they bold, or colored. Or, if you post the address without modifications ...
Obviously, you are no moderator here and that seems obvious also well in such a way. Do not act as one up!

You're right. "existing topic" wasn't identified as a link. And system down is different than "slow mail". If you want "Very slow email (some 6 hours, one haven't seen after 18 hr)" to reflect general system availability, then I suggest you change the topic title. Anyway "system down" seems to me to be more "general news" than user specific help.

A "help forum" by definition invites newbies so unless things aren't perfectly clear I think you should lighten up on the rhetoric.

BTW: Any news on the prognosis for a normal system?
qqdcqqdc

Re: Released!

Postby lwc » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:38 pm

Did you actually reproach me because this forum's CSS doesn't underline links?! Did you decide I'm an admin, just not a moderator?

Likewise for the subject of the other topic. It started out by another user who treated the forum like a PM system. But over time it became the one topic for problems with the e-mail service.

Yes, I expect newbies to:
1) Post in the right forum when there are merely 4 to choose from.
2) Scroll 2(!) posts down to find an existing topic. If they only entered it, they'd see it's relevant. And if that topic's user would have done the same back in the day, we'd have a topic with an actual subject by now.

Meanwhile, 3 duplicated topics (including one in the wrong forum) and counting.
lwc

Next

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...