E-mails from a trusted sender still advancing count

Use this forum to get help.

E-mails from a trusted sender still advancing count

Postby Hyomil » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:43 am

I've added the full e-mail address of the sender for a list I receive e-mails from to the trusted sender list, but every e-mail I get from them continues to advance the message count. The trusted sender address has had at least a week to be updated and other addresses on my trusted sender list continue to work fine. The entire address is only 20 characters in length. The only difference I can see is that the disposable address uses the antichef domain. I have no watchwords nor prefixes. I sent an e-mail to this disposable address from another trusted sender address and it didn't advance the message count.
Hyomil

Postby josh » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:15 pm

can you pm me the full headers for a message where the count is advancing?
josh

Postby SkiToDie » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:45 pm

I have several addresses where the trusted senders are decrementing the count as well. I also have noticed this happening since late June. Would you like me to pm some of the headers to you?
SkiToDie

Postby josh » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:01 am

Thanks for the PMs -- I think it's fixed now.

I think you were right - these were instances where the "envelop sender" (or actual sender) was different from what was in the From: line -- of course, all our trusted and exclusive patterns are based on what we see in the From: line, rather than the envelop sender.

On the old server, spamgourmet code determined what the "from" address was by looking at the headers (and burning a lot of CPU :) ) - on the new server, the information is passed in from the mail server, which was sending the envelop sender -- for most purposes (just not ours), this is the better address. I made a change to the configuration so that it would send in the From: address also.
Last edited by josh on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josh

It's fixed

Postby SkiToDie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:23 pm

It's working now. Thanks!
SkiToDie

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...