Email eaten.No watchword, number, exclusive/trusted sender

Use this forum to get help.

Email eaten.No watchword, number, exclusive/trusted sender

Postby classic » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:23 pm

Hello,

I have a sg address in the FORMAT of foo.somethinghere@xoxy.net (not a/my real sg address).

There is no number between "foo" and "somethinghere".

There is no exclusive sender. There is no trusted sender.
watchword enforcement is disabled.

I have it set to 20 emails each.

Yet one email from a sender was eaten, and another email from the same sender was not eaten. I think it was the first email sent that was eaten; the second one came through.

What's wrong? And can I read that eaten email?
classic

Me too!

Postby zz » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:03 pm

I had the exact same problem last night.

The first email was sent to foo1.myname@spamgourmet.com. That went through.

The second email was sent to foo2.myname@spamgourmet.com. I found out today that that one got eaten-- and I've never even used foo2 before! And foo2 *still* doesn't show up on my list of disposable addresses.

It's bizarre.
zz

Postby josh » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:17 pm

There may be a bug, but for the life of me I can't recreate it, which will be necessary before I can fix it.

To the OP - was the original message probably the same as the message you got? I know it's impossible to answer that question.

As an aside, researching on a similar issue for classic, it appears that there may be a bug with entering information into the Eaten Message Log for a message the wasn't actually eaten (leading the user to believe that one was eaten) -- this doesn't appear to explain everything, though.
josh

Postby classic » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:01 am

josh,

You asked
was the original message probably the same as the message you got? I know it's impossible to answer that question.

I don't think the original message was the same as the message I successfully received. Here's why I think so: I emailed the party explaining to him that my spam-tech is faulty and asked him the same question again. He graciously re-sent (and possibly re-typed) his answer.
classic

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...