First new email to a new address eaten - no watchword

Use this forum to get help.

First new email to a new address eaten - no watchword

Postby SomeOtherSucker » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:38 pm

So I'm waiting for an activation email to arrive, only to discover on logging in to spamgourmet that the email was eaten (top of my eaten log).

I've got a default number of messages set to 20 and no watchwords.

The new address was somehow not created (the name in the eaten message list is not a link).

I requested another activation message to that address, not arrived, not shown as eaten.

I sent a test message to that new address and received it.

now the eaten log shows a link, but the address list only shows that one message was sent, with 0 eaten.
SomeOtherSucker

Postby SomeOtherSucker » Fri May 01, 2009 10:45 am

http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1203

someone else has seen this, and I've just seen that another account I use has had the first message to a new address eaten, again no watchword set.

Others have worked ok.

Is there any chance that for some reason, sometimes the default number of messages is being read as 0 instead of what I have set it to? then read correctly for subsequent messages?
SomeOtherSucker

Postby alexsp » Sat May 02, 2009 1:00 pm

i found that is using a message to an address like xxxx.3.xxxxx@spamgourmet.com (when using a number) the first message is eaten.
Why? Is it correct?
When sending to addresses without using the 'number', the messages are delivered correctly.
alexsp

Postby sg-since03 » Tue May 12, 2009 7:50 pm

I requested another activation message to that address, not arrived, not shown as eaten.

To expand on what alexsp said: some email systems can't parse the format word.number.username@sgdomain, but can parse word.username@sgdomain (omitting the number).
I sent a test message to that new address and received it.

Since your mail system handles the full sg address just fine, your test message works, hence the confusion. Get into the habit of skipping the number, it's usually the issue.
sg-since03

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...