Sending from a disposable address

Use this forum to get help.

Sending from a disposable address

Postby vikasa » Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:51 pm

The "send from disposable address" feature is very nice

http://www.spamgourmet.com/index.pl?mye ... ndtoform=1

works well for the one-off use.

Has anyone come up with a automated script to make this process faster? I see that the alphanumeric key generated in the disposable address (+word+username+xyz.john#doe.com@spamgourmet.com) is different than the one in the special from address

Thanks
vikasa

Postby josh » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:38 pm

We're undecided about how easy it should be - it would be a Bad Thing for us if a spammer casually sent out a load through a spamgourmet account, of course. The current system strikes a balance between [making it possible at all / ] ease of use and the kind of lock down (not all obvious) that prevents bulk sends.

Not saying the current system is optimal, even with those two goals in mind -- just the best we've come up with so far. Hopefully it'll get better.
josh

Postby DrkShadow » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:25 pm

For at least the @spamgourmet.com addresses, you probably have easy access to the user's password hash.

Given the OP's "automated script" request, it seems there's some programmatic ability suggested... in that case, you could have the script hash/store the original password, hash again the destination e-mail address, and know what the server expects for the resulting hash. Correct? Seems to solve both problems, prevent 3rd parties from creating it, use requires the original creator giving out either the address, password, or at least password hash (which can be done anyway).
DrkShadow

Email-based API

Postby ooglek2 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:48 am

If people want to send from their spamgourmet.com address via email, there should be an easier way to do it.

To: jan@example.com

is now

To: jan=example.com+3458c399xv4+sg.20.sg=0s ... ourmet.com

Just do some intelligent splitting when that comes in:

split on + to get the To: and the From: and the key

The hash is a unique "API" key I created on the site.

Now SG says:

Hi account sg, looks like you want to forward this email from sg.20.sg@0sg.net to jan@example.com, and because your API key matches the one we generated for you, I'll do it.

It probably needs some refinement, but that could work.

The fact that all the SG domains have an SPF record that includes -all means I am not allowed to send email from the SG domains. Which is reasonable, but an email-based way to send email would be nice, and well, kind of the point!
ooglek2

Postby ooglek2 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:04 pm

So this is almost already done!

+tag+username+6a2e8ba4c6.recipient#exam ... ourmet.com

So, um, what is it about that hash that is preventing us from sending it ourselves? Does that key really need to be keyed to each recipient? It's a bit of work to generate that for each email I want to initiate from a SG email address...

It'd be fine with me if each tag had a unique hash.

Can you use the sender address on the other SG domains?
ooglek2

Postby ooglek2 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:50 pm

I'm somewhat frustrated with the sending option, since there seems to be no feedback on success or failure.

I can't see if SG got my email to send, either by a listing of the log or by counts or timestamps, and I can't see if the remote server has rejected the email from the SG server so I can help try to resolve an ISP blocking SG emails.

A little more feedback would really be nice, such as the last emails that have been eaten.
ooglek2

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...