sending out the first email from a spamgourmet email address

Use this forum to get help.

sending out the first email from a spamgourmet email address

Postby classic » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:46 pm

Thank you for the great service you provide.

Is it possible to create a spamgourmet email address and be the one to initiate the email conversation, while all the while using the spamgourmet address and not having my "real email address" (e.g., gmail) hidden?

I like how, after I create a new spamgourmet email address, say schoolfriends.joesmith@xoxy.net, and put it on a web form, the email address to which my xoxy/spamgourmet email is forwarded to can just hit "reply" to the person while keeping my "real email address" hidden.
1. Go to spamgourmet.com
2. create schoolfriends.joesmith as an alias
3. Put schoolfriends.joesmith@spamgourmet.com in the online form of some XYZ website.
4. XYZ website owner sends email to schoolfriends.joesmith@spamgourmet.com.
5. My "real email address" (e.g. joesmith@gmail.com) receives the email from sueclark@xyzwebsite.com
6. The "from" email address is something like +schoolfriends+joesmith+8d3eb2971e.suec ... ourmet.com
7. When I hit the "reply" button, the email is then to sueclark@xyzwebsite.com, but through
+schoolfriends+joesmith+8d3eb2971e.suec ... ourmet.com
8. Sue Clark receives an email from me, but from her point of view, the email still comes from schoolfriends.joesmith@spamgourmet.com, even though my real from email address is more like joesmith@gmail.com.

-----------------
In order for Steps 1-8 to occur smoothly, I, the spamgourmet user, must wait to receive the first email. But what if I must be the one to send the first email? What if xyzwebsite.com does not have an online form, but rather it has just an email address? How can I send the first email address if I don't know what sort of code to use? In other words, if I had to send an email to fisherman@wharf.com without letting him know of my real email address, how should I formulate the "to" email address?

Look below:
+schoolfriends+joesmith+8d3eb2971e.sueclark#xyzwebsite.com@spamgourmet.com
What letters and numbers do I put it bold and red-texted portion above? Or is there an easier way???

Thank you.
classic

Postby sg-since03 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:39 am

advanced mode/
send a message from one of your disposable addresses/
("enter the email address you would like to send email to") ... "or make a new one"

No offense, but it's questions like these that get people frustrated & posting brusque "RTFM" replies. Please do read the FAQs...
sg-since03

Thanks

Postby classic » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:10 am

thanks. I did read the FAQ but I couldn't find the answer. And after reading your reply, I did a keyword-search through the FAQ for the words "send a message" but no answer.
Last edited by classic on Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
classic

Postby sg-since03 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:32 am

Odd... "coulda sworn" that's how I found out, back when. Well, in that case, sorry about the comment - in any case you've got it now.
sg-since03

Postby lwc » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:35 am

The FAQ wrote:Q. How do I create a disposable email address?
So, you really don't do anything to "create" the address - you just make it up on the spot. The address will be created automatically in our system the first time it gets used.

In other words, the FAQ really needs to be updated.

But it's still not an escuse because the forums are searchable and there's no way it wasn't asked before.
lwc

Postby sg-since03 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:21 pm

You're more pointed than I am:
The FAQ wrote:
Q. How do I create a disposable email address?
So, you really don't do anything to "create" the address - you just make it up on the spot. The address will be created automatically in our system the first time it gets used.

In other words, the FAQ really needs to be updated.

But it's still not an excuse because the forums are searchable and there's no way it wasn't asked before.

I was too lazy to press the issue, but what we're both suggesting is, "exhaust every other avenue of inquiry before asking" - and that includes poking around the entire site. If you did, you'd see the "send a message from one of your disposable addresses" link; doesn't that at least arouse a natural curiosity? ("Hey, wonder what this does/what can I do with this?")

And um, yes, it has been mentioned in the forums - by me, for one. Right here: "Feature needed to configure before first message arrives."
sg-since03

Postby lwc » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:54 am

You dig your own grave because you even admit you knew the exact phrase to search for, but still didn't. :wink:
lwc

Postby sg-since03 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:15 am

You dig your own grave because you even admit you knew the exact phrase to search for, but still didn't. :wink:

So you're chastising me, him, or both? :wink:

(Actually, I just searched through my old posts to find the above reference, because your post reminded me that *I* had previously dealt with this topic.)
sg-since03

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...