SG blacklisted postmaster and abuse missing

Use this forum to get help.

SG blacklisted postmaster and abuse missing

Postby Bart » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:31 am

Hello,

the domain spamgourmet.com has been blacklisted. See
http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/looku ... com&full=1
The blacklisting at the whois-blacklistzone is not a real problem, because this blacklist is not commonly used. There are lots of topleveldomains, e.g. de, blacklisted and the use of this list will tag lots of mails.
The blacklisting at the postmaster- and abusezone is a problem, because this blacklists are more and more used. In best case the mail will only tagged as spam, but still forwarded to the recipient. But I have problems, because the mailaddress @spamgourmet.com will not be accepted at webforms or mails will be rejected. Could you
- config the postmaster at spamgourmet.com like described at RFC
- config the abuse at spamgourmet.com like described at RFC
- request remove of spamgourmet from the blacklist
?
Thank you.

With kind regards
Bart
Bart

Postby josh » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:23 pm

We fixed the postmaster and abuse thing over a year ago without prompting -- the accidental block was part of a defense against a DOS attack, but was very temporary.

the other thing, about me using a spamgourmet address as the domain contact.. I'm not fixing that :) Actually, it's not broken - I do read that gets past the spam filtering, and it's rather presumptuous of them to state this:

"Contacts' listed email address (i.e. domains.10.josh@spamgourmet.com) is at
a service that discards email unread (see www.spamgourmet.com), hence can
not be used to make email contact and is not a valid POC.
"

Never saw anything in an RFC about that, so I'd say that their domain name "rfc-ignorant.org" is pretty accurate :)

and I'm not requesting to be delisted. If they don't keep their list up to date, folks shouldn't use it.
josh

Postby Bart » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:05 pm

josh wrote:We fixed the postmaster and abuse thing over a year ago without prompting -- the accidental block was part of a defense against a DOS attack, but was very temporary.

Good, I haven?t tested it, because I won?t "SPAM" you...

josh wrote:the other thing, about me using a spamgourmet address as the domain contact.. I'm not fixing that :) Actually, it's not broken - I do read that gets past the spam filtering, and it's rather presumptuous of them to state this:

"Contacts' listed email address (i.e. domains.10.josh@spamgourmet.com) is at
a service that discards email unread (see www.spamgourmet.com), hence can
not be used to make email contact and is not a valid POC.
"

That is not the statement of the voluntary rfc-ignorant-crew. That?s the statement of the reporting person. RFC-ignorant didn?t check domains. They collect reports of anybody, if the report looks like correct. They couldn?t do indeep investigations, because there are lots of reports and they are all voluntarys, like you. Anyway, this is a statement at the whois-blacklist and this blacklist isn?t relevant. Imho there is no need to fix this or to change your mailaddress in the whois dataset.

josh wrote:and I'm not requesting to be delisted. If they don't keep their list up to date, folks shouldn't use it.

Should they sent testmails to every listed postmaster- and abusemailaddress, to be up to date? How often? If they would do so, they have to sent a huge amount of mails on regular basis and get themselves a "spammer". That?s not a solution. I think it?s a good idea to remove only on request of the responsible postmaster. That makes sure, that he knows about the RFC and wouldn?t remove the abuse- and postmasteraccounts again. Who has reported spamgourmet to rfc-ignorant? Maybe a "bad guy" while the DoS attack? He might probably be amused to handicap the spamgourmet-service somewhat via rfc-ignorants blacklists.
Please think again about your decision. Imho it?s a good idea to fill out the small form for a remove request at the postmaster- and abuseblacklist.
Thank you.

Bart
Bart

Postby lwc » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:22 pm

That is not the statement of the voluntary rfc-ignorant-crew...Imho there is no need to fix this or to change your mailaddress in the whois dataset.

Why does it matter who reported it? The bottom line is it was accepted, so your latter statement is false.

Imho it?s a good idea to fill out the small form for a remove request at the postmaster- and abuseblacklist.

Then what's stopping you? What does it matter if Josh fills up the form or you do? It's not like they even know the name Josh. If you think they will not like a random Spamgourmet address (or a non Spamgourmet address), just use the postmaster/abuse e-mail address, and Josh would get a "we deny/accept your request to de-list your domain" message. I don't think he'd mind that.
lwc

Postby josh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:02 pm

somebody filled out the form and I clicked on the link - thanks.

I was on a mailing list debating issuing an RFC for block lists -- time out was one suggested feature -- that is, a listing is not indefinite, but rather goes away automatically after some time passes and must be renewed from a new report (which would happen very quickly if the host was indeed spamming)
josh

Postby lwc » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:51 am

josh wrote:somebody filled out the form and I clicked on the link - thanks.

Just one of three forms. The other two are still unfilled.
Last edited by lwc on Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lwc

Postby Bart » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:48 pm

Hello,

thank you josh, for the click at the removal mail. I filled out 2 forms for removal. It works at the abuse-blacklist, but not at the postmaster-blacklist. I filled out the removal form for the postmaster-blacklist again. I hope it will work...

Greatings
Bart
Bart

Problem fixed

Postby Bart » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:54 am

All relevant removed. Thank you. :)

Bart
Bart

Postby lwc » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:49 am

Almost.
lwc

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...