Account not functional - mail vanishing without a trace

Use this forum to get help.

Account not functional - mail vanishing without a trace

Postby rhww » Thu May 29, 2008 10:51 pm

The SpamGourmet account I have been using for years is no longer functional for some reason, and it doesn't seem to be a problem related to spam filters.

Many people who I correspond with infrequently were given addresses associated with this account, so it is very problematic to have the account be non-functional.

Is there any chance of getting this account ("rhw", so addresses are like "testtest.z.rhw[at]spamgourmet.com") fixed?

Test mail sent to its addresses vanishes. If a new address is used, searching shows no evidence of the new address having been created. Mail sent to an old address does not increment/decrement message counts. Changing the forwarding address to point to an entirely different system makes no difference -- messages still vanish.

The last message I received on this account was apparently March 23, which is two months ago. I had to create a new account just to be able to register with this BBS, since I couldn't get the confirmation message using the old account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob
rhww

Same problem here!

Postby basti1302_2 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:30 am

My spamgourmet account (User name: basti1302) also stopped working entirely. I also sent test mails to my own spamgourmet adresses, to existing spamgourmet adresses as well as to new spamgourmet adresses for my account basti1302. None reached my inbox. Also, the new spamgourmet adresses do not show up in the list in advanced mode - I think that shows that it is not a problem with my local spam filters.

The topic posts

http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1136

and

http://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1139

seem to have the same problem.

For me, this is really a problem because I desperately need to receive a confimation/activation email for a site where I used a spamgourmet adress from the broken account basti1302. I can resend the confimation/activation email anytime, so if the spamgourmet account could be reactivated again, that would really help me a lot.

I know that this is a free service and that the people providing it probably do all this work in their spare time.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm also willing to donate money if you fix this issue.

Thanks in advance
Bastian Krol / basti1302
basti1302_2

Some more testing

Postby basti1302_2 » Fri May 30, 2008 8:16 pm

After some more testing I created a second account
(basti1302_2) and sent emails to both accounts at the same
time (using new spamgourmet-adress-prefix). I sent
two mails to each SG account from two different email
adresses.

I received the mails sent to the new account (after some
delay) but not the ones sent to my
old (main) account - I guess that shows that the old account
is really broken and it is not just the usual "long delay
and/or timeout problem" caused by spamgourmet servers
being under heavy load.

Could someone please look into this? Please, please, please :oops: :(
basti1302_2

Postby kevins10 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:14 pm

This appears to be happening to me too, even senders on my trusted senders list are getting bounces. I've been using Spam Gourmet since 2002 and have over 500 addresses so this is a real problem. :( It would be nice to at least hear that the problem's known about and being worked on. :)
kevins10

Postby SysKoll » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:38 pm

Guys,

I am going to contact you individually and work with you. Sorry for the problems, and very sorry for the delays in getting back to you.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby aireoreion2 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:20 pm

Hi,

i have the same problem as basti1302.
My spamgourmet account (aireoreion) also stopped working: e.g. i never received an activaten mail from this forum
The new one (aireoreion2) works.

I tried to change the original email-adress (to where mails are sent) in my "old" account, but this made no change. Account is still not working

The problem is that i also have to resend a password to my "old" adress, so it's important to me to get this adress working.

It would be nice if someone can look what's wrong. Sorry to bother you with this issue

Thanks in advance,
airoereion
aireoreion2

Postby SysKoll » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:54 am

Quick update: I have a major personal problem and I'll be out of town for a few days. Sorry for the short shrift.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby aireoreion2 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:34 am

It would be really nice if someone could look into my problem and find the reason why no e-mails are forwarded with my "old" account "aireoreion".

This is very important to me.

Thanks,
aireoreion
aireoreion2

Working again

Postby basti1302_2 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:22 pm

...now it suddenly is working again. Did anybody do anything?
basti1302_2

Postby aireoreion2 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:23 pm

my "old" account still does not work
---
now it does. :)
aireoreion2

Same thing here!

Postby thePilgrim » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:39 am

My account "thepilgrim" is not forwarding any E-mails at all. Help!
thePilgrim

Same Problem

Postby gfisher » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:06 pm

When I give out a new address, the address isn't being created. Instead, the mail to it is simply discarded. The only way to create a *functioning* address is to use the "Send Mail from Address" function, which *does* create the address. After that, mail to the address is forwarded correctly.
gfisher

Account working again...

Postby thePilgrim » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:46 pm

Although I have not recieved any reply from Syskol to this effect, my account is now working. I take it the people that keep this place working are busy...
thePilgrim

Postby SysKoll » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:58 pm

-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...