Very slow email (some 6 hours, one haven't seen after 18 hr)

Use this forum to get help.

same problem

Postby MoD » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi,

I can see the same problem as TerDale:

mail with attachment (about 600K).

Header with about 11 days delay (I'd say delay is definitely generated by SG servers):

Received: from gourmet.spamgourmet.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
by gourmet.spamgourmet.com (8.13.8/8.13.7) with ESMTP id m97FOw11025443
for <myrealemail@domain.tld>; Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:24:58 GMT
Received: (from jqh1@localhost)
by gourmet.spamgourmet.com (8.13.8/8.13.8/Submit) id m8QBCSQr018761
for myrealemail@domain.tld; Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:12:28 GMT
MoD

Never received many emails

Postby TerDale » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:52 pm

Hi,

The situation seems to worsen as time goes by: I have several emails than never went through, for sure. Some are weeks late....

Would appreciate some feeback on this topic from Josh or SysKoll, TIA Guys.
TerDale

Re: Never received many emails

Postby lwc » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:27 am

TerDale wrote:The situation seems to worsen as time goes by

I'm waiting for 3 messages with attachments - 2 of which for half a week now and 1 of which for at least a whole week.

(Update: the "2 of which" have finally arrived after more than half a week. Still waiting for the "1 of which").

Your statement really saddens me because the new SPF check was supposed to make things better. Instead, now things worsen and we can't fake addresses. So what's the point?
lwc

Postby irha » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:49 pm

Is this supposed to be working now? I have been waiting for a couple of test emails that show up as forwarded in my a/c. How long does it usually take? I verified that gmail on my receiving side has not classified them as spam, at least nothing yet.
irha

Delays continuing

Postby VdkaShaker » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:17 pm

josh wrote:... but we're greylisted by a bunch of servers, which creates delays for the users and builds up our queue, and then there are servers like that one which drop the connection -- I don't know if that was on purpose because we're considered suspect or what.

Hey Josh,

Its really quite odd. I get the vast majority of my email at my GMail account without significant delays. Things generally hum along just fine. But for some reason a number of emails (particularly I'm noticing the one's from Facebook) are delayed by days. I notice because I happen to log into Facebook and see activity there, then I get the notification email 4 days later. The odd thing is, I've received numerous other Facebook emails in the mean time, then suddenly one that's 4 days (or some other amount) delayed.

Ok, so this is not critical stuff, but Facebook is not the only sender I'm having delayed messages from, and its so sporadic. Is there a queue somewhere on SG that's still backlogged? Is GMail grey-listing you?

Regrettably , if I can find a workable alternative I'm going to have to start moving away from SG if the reliability can't improve. :cry:
VdkaShaker

Postby lwc » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:58 pm

I said numerous times before that it's the messages with attachments which not only get delayed but (at least for me) seem to get lost(!).

Facebook sounds like a good candidate for a site that sends attachments in its messages (HTML + images), so that's probably your reason.
lwc

Not just attachments?

Postby VdkaShaker » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:05 pm

lwc wrote:Facebook sounds like a good candidate for a site that sends attachments in its messages (HTML + images), so that's probably your reason.

I don't know about that. When I get the emails (and I do get them eventually) I see no attachments or images of any kind, just simple text messages with perhaps a link back to the site. If there is something else embedded in the email I suppose that's a possibility. However, many Facebook messages come through with NO delay.
VdkaShaker

Postby lwc » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:51 am

Maybe your mail client is set to display plaintext instead of HTML (a good call).
lwc

Display Images?

Postby VdkaShaker » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:41 pm

lwc wrote:Maybe your mail client is set to display plaintext instead of HTML (a good call).

I don't use a client I use GMail via a browser. Also, I usually request HTML emails, but I have GMail set to not display images unless I request them. GMail notifies me when images are being blocked and offers to display them. None of the Facebook messages have this notice.

It seems what you're experiencing is different from my scenario. Images and HTML are not a common factor in my issue with Spamgourmet.
VdkaShaker

Re: same problem

Postby gourmet » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:06 pm

I did read from news that major SPAM network has been taken down. And it would have resulted as 33% drop in spam. I wonder if any change has been seen on spamgourmet server loads?

It would be very interesting to know.

If so called DDoS is really spam, not DDoS attack. Both look like the same. Too many incoming connections & messages.
gourmet

Postby gourmet » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:29 pm

Here is the link to the news:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... cmoduletmv

So has there been any visible change? Admins? Any news?
gourmet

Postby lwc » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:50 pm

All I know is that today I got multiple messages with attachments, all of which were sent today! It's the first time since at least August (4 months ago) that I can make such a statement.
lwc

Postby gourmet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:42 am

Rumors tell that spam botnets would be running again, and spam count would be normalizing in global scale.
gourmet

Postby gourmet » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:38 pm

It seems that email simply isn't getting trough. Even if tried using several SMTP servers. ;(
gourmet

Postby lwc » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:47 am

lwc

PreviousNext

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...