Web access issue - ongoing problem?

Use this forum to get help.

Web access issue - ongoing problem?

Postby mysticturner » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:54 pm

I've been trying to get into the site this morning and getting either very long times (over a min) or never (I give up after about 90 sec). I tried from my work PC which enters the Internet via VERY high speed links (multiple OC192's) and got in with what I've come to accept is the normal delay of the SG server. Saw the item in News indicating our ISP had a routing issue. Wondering if this might still be going (or some variant of it). I'm not on cable, but DSL that I get from the same provider that our cable is through (it's a small company that no one ever heard of - Grande Comm.).
mysticturner

Postby clio » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:08 pm

I have also had difficulties reaching the SpamGourmet web site the last 3 or 4 days.
clio

Postby mysticturner » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:40 pm

After a morning of not being able to get to the web site, this afternoon it's fine. Loaded quite fast actually. And before anyone asks, I did reboot my PC during the issue several times and also just as I left for lunch. When I got back - no problem.
mysticturner

Postby emlcc » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:34 am

Severe delays at site, and relaying mail. Viewing headers, 2-6 hours of delay through spam gourmet servers. Works for me, as long as delay is not so long as to kill priority mail. "Lost" mail does not work for me.
emlcc

Postby josh » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:13 am

We haven't seen what looks like a targeted DDOS in a while (which is *nice* - knock on wood), but with 3.2 million active email addresses (even if they're expired, the rest of the internet still thinks of them as active), we get our share of the plain old every day botnet slam that affects all mail servers. We've been having challenges tuning the external mail server along with optimizing the tcp/ip settings - when they're mismatched, we run out of sockets and things get slow for a little while. We're getting better at it :)
josh

Postby clio » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:25 pm

Thanks for everything you do, Josh! :)
clio

Re: Web access issue - ongoing problem?

Postby fmus » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:49 pm

mysticturner wrote:I've been trying to get into the site this morning and getting either very long times (over a min) or never (I give up after about 90 sec).

I haven't completely given up on SG, but day+ delays seem to be the rule rather than the exception the past month or so.

I have started moving my more important email addys over to a user+keyword gmail address, etc.
fmus

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...