Question on valid e-mail name

Use this forum to get help.

Question on valid e-mail name

Postby InfoSeeker007 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:04 pm

Hi,

I am just wondering if SG has either changed or tightened its rules with regards to e-mail address format during creation phrase?

I have several disposable e-mail address of this format created several years ago:
<alphabets>.<alphabets>.digit.<myusername>@spamgourmet.com

e.g. Peter.Jones.5.<MyUserName>@spamgourment.com

I can receive e-mail and can adjust the remaining.

However, lately, I cannot create e-mail address of this format anymore.

According to the SG FAQ, it say:
[i]when you need a disposable email address, just think of a word (any combination of letters and numbers (20 characters max), provided you haven't used it before), and decide how many messages you want to receive at the new address. Then, put the word, the number, and your spamgourmet username together with dots to form the disposable address.
[/i]

So according to this, my earlier created e-mail address is not a valid one. Is that correct?

Now I cannot create something like:
Mary.Smith.5.MyUserName@spamgournet.com

Can someone confirm that SG has tightened the rule recently?

Thanks.
InfoSeeker007

Postby josh » Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:59 pm

We haven't changed the rules -- in your example:

Mary.Smith.5.MyUserName@spamgournet.com

(I take it that the misspelling of spamgourmet is to foil harvesters - thanks, and condolences to the admin of spamgournet.com)

the code will treat "Mary" as a prefix, "Smith" as a word, "5" as a number, and "MyUserName" as the username. Do you have a prefix enabled on your account? If so, and it's not "Mary", then that would prevent the address from being created, but this isn't new.
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...