Can nolonger reply to SG mail in Hotmail

Use this forum to get help.

Can nolonger reply to SG mail in Hotmail

Postby jawtje » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:27 am

I used this great product for years and it always worked fine. However some months now I am unable to reply to SG mail. It will never go out because of "invalid address".
I have a Hotmail SG-address so I suspect Hotmail nolonger being able of handling the # in the address.
I have seen/read an earlier (mid August) thread on this problem but unfortunately no solution then. Is there one by now?
jawtje

Postby lwc » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:06 pm

One solution is to stop being the "is he still using Hotmail?!" guy.

Another is to use one of those little programs that let you send e-mail (provided you supply the SMTP server) and also let you change your "from" on the fly, thus making your own middleman-free reply masking.

You can of course just fake your own reply masking via a fully fledged program like Outlook Express, but the change can't be on the fly there, only via the settings each and every time.
lwc

Postby SysKoll » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:10 pm

jawtje,

We have had other complains from Hotmail users. They seem to have decided that some parts of the RFC standards don't apply to them.

The only thing I can tell you is that gmail works great with spamgourmet.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby DrkShadow » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:05 am

Well, if you must know of others, I noticed this about a month ago as well. I can neither used the addresses to send a mail from my disposables, nor can I reply from one.

I do consider it a problem with Hotmail, though -- and not the only one I've been having in recent months.

Still, I can't count that address out, I've had it since 1998. It's rather well usesd and important to me, without too much spam ;-)

As a workaround, I've been telnetting in to my ISP's mail server and sending mail manually. (hah!) Still, using another service would work just fine.. so it's not unusable.. just another Microshit inconvenience.

-DrkShadow
DrkShadow

Postby SysKoll » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:03 am

DrkShadow wrote:As a workaround, I've been telnetting in to my ISP's mail server and sending mail manually. (hah!) Still, using another service would work just fine.. so it's not unusable.. just another Microshit inconvenience.

-DrkShadow

Why don't you simply use any mail client and configure it to use your's ISP mail server? Do you have to check your mail from random machines?
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby DrkShadow » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:08 am

SysKoll wrote:Why don't you simply use any mail client and configure it to use your's ISP mail server? Do you have to check your mail from random machines?

Actually, it's because I'm lazy ;-) I use it fairly infrequently, so I'll just type up the commands and e-mail in vi and paste them in. I haven't gone through the effort of setting up an e-mail client.. partially because I don't want to try and reformat replies after I paste them into the client's editor..

hehe. So lazy I netcat in and do things manually ;-D It's good practice, though -- my line of hobby and work involves networking.
DrkShadow

Web.de too

Postby Karl-Egon » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:18 pm

SysKoll wrote:Why don't you simply use any mail client and configure it to use your's ISP mail server? Do you have to check your mail from random machines?

Hi!

I think it was circa at the same time (November last year or earlier), I noticed at my web interface of Freemail (web.de), that responses to the mails who came over spamgourmet, used not the spamgourmet return address, but the real address of the Freemail account!

What a luck, I noticed that early and did only send a test mail at this moment!

Since of that, in every time, if I respond my spamgourmet forwarded mails, I have to earn a new sender address laborious at the spamgourmet site.

I thought, this came because of some rebuildings at the Freemail site.
If Hotmail users have the same problem, I wish spamgourmet tried to find a solution ... :D
It is really incommodiously :roll:

Why I use no mail client instead of the web interface?

It is part of my security concept, to check foreign code (text, executive or others) principally extern if possible, before I load it down to my LAN. And with mails, it is easy possible. 8)
From time to time, I fetch all the good mails I want to archive, with Outlook?, but I produce my answers ONLY with the web interface ? and fetch them afterwards altogether with the others.

Regards,

Karl-Egon
das immernoch etwas andere forum:_________ http://berliner-nachrichten.eu.steingrueber.info/phpBB3/
Karl-Egon

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...