mail doesn't seem to be forwarded right now

Use this forum to get help.

mail doesn't seem to be forwarded right now

Postby HerbSolo » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:03 pm

Hello there,

i'm forwarding all my mail through spamgourmet to a google mail acoount but lately i didn't get all that much mail (which is kind of odd) - when i tried to sign up for a message board today, i didn't get my activation mail, so i sent some testmails from my google account, none of which came through so far.

is there any problem with the spamgourmet service at the moment, anyone else experienced troubles??

best regards, herb
HerbSolo

Postby josh » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:14 am

it's working fine for me -- still having problems?
josh

Postby SysKoll » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:47 pm

HerbSolo,

I need you to PM (to info or to me) your sg username. Also please check the spam forlder on your gmail account. Keep in mind that gmail sometimes doesn't display test messages! See other entries on gmail here.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby InfoSeeker007 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:24 pm

I also has this similar problem.

I can send mail to existing spamgourment e-mail account but when I sent to new one, it does not get through. No mail bounds back to my POP server.

I sent some test one some 10-15 minutes ago and never got it. I sent to existing ones, which I have adjust the remaining count, worked wonder.

Is there a problem with the system?

Thanks.
InfoSeeker007

Postby SysKoll » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:08 pm

Describe your test. What ISP do you send from, which ISP does your sg account forward to?

I assume that you have a gmail account xyz@gmail.com and that you are using it as the forwarding address for your sg account. It you attempt to send a test email from this xyz@gmail.com account to one of your spamgourmet disposables, you will never see the test email. Use a different account to send your test messages.

Edit: Please refrain from asking for help about the same problem in different threads, this wastes time and efforts.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby InfoSeeker007 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:50 am

OK. I used several tests.

1) I sent them from my normal ISP (non gmail) account via SMTP to a sg alias. The alias is new and I have checked my sg account to make sure that is the case. The ISP is in Australia, TPG.COM.AU and I have verified the delivery speed from it to my sg forwarding address.

The new alias is jacksmith.d.<username>@neverbox.com

This is created and arrived.

2) I could send to existing aliases and arrived speedily.

3) From the same ISP using the same mailer, I tried to send
Jack.Smith.D.<username>@Neverbox.com
J.Smith.C.<UserName>@Neverbox.com
J.Smith.e.<UserName2>@neverbox.com
ForRegistration.D.<username>@neverbox.com

All are forwarded to the same gmail account that I have been using this service since 2005 and has not changed the forwarding address.

ALL ARE NEVER DELIVERED, ALL ABOVE NEW ALIASES are not created, except the jacksmith.d. I have never received any undelivered or bounce mail back from my ISP if this domain has been banned. I have recently changed to this ISP.

If neverbox.com has been banned, the mail I sent in item 1) would not have been delivered. Right? But it did.

4) I wish to disagree with your comment "It you attempt to send a test email from this xyz@gmail.com account to one of your spamgourmet disposables, you will never see the test email."

I did send one from my xyz@gmail, my forwarding (protected) e-mail sg address, to a sg alias, adamsmith.c.<username>@neverbox.com, and it arrived. This is an already created alias.

5) I have just sent 2 e-mails to sg from hotmail they are both using the new aliases mentioned above. One to neverbox.com and one to spamgourmet.com

Neither of them arrived. I have checked the SPAM folder and there are not there.

The only conclusion I can come to is that there is some problem in creating new alias. I do not know why the jacksmith.d.<username>@neverbox.com is the only one that is created and delivered.

I will pm you my details to see if you can shed some lights on this issue. I have only discovered this when I tried to registered on a site and never receiving the activation mail.
InfoSeeker007

Postby babuniki » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:42 am

Today I created a new address for a 90 days trial: bullguard.5.<username>@spamgourmet.com. I was told that I would receive a confirmation link by BullGuard. But even hours later nothing has arrived. Maybe SG has a bug creating new addresses at the moment?

BabuNiki
babuniki

Postby doc_setfal » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:40 am

same problem with me... used a spamgourmet mail-address for a service which I didn't want to have my real address for I didn't trusted them, but now needed some important information which couldn't be delivered for two times now

strange thing is, when I log in to spamgourmet and check out the redirections of this specific mailaddress, the counter for remaining messages went one down and the counter for forwarded messages went one up.. but the mail didn't arrive at my mailbox
since this was yesterday at about 5 or 6 pm (german time), I don't think it will be delivered any more... annoying

what I also noticed is that I had problems reaching your page (was loading very slowly) at that time, so maybe your server sucks in messages when overloaded or somethin like that

strange thing.. the spamgourmet-address I used to register at this board worked fine today - but also I could reach your url pretty fine this time
doc_setfal

Postby mtelewicz » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:09 pm

I was having the same problem with existing addresses. Nothing was getting through. Same deal with the counters - sent would go one up, remaining messages would go one down.

Just now, though, I received all the emails I was waiting for at once. Many of them were test email I sent yesterday at about noon EST.
mtelewicz

Postby doc_setfal » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:48 am

well, yeah.. somehow now I also received the mail, I expected two days ago... well... ok, notice to me: do not use spamgourmet for important stuff - or else don't be impatient :wink:
doc_setfal

Postby lwc » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:24 pm

Not only do I not get messages at least today and yesterday, but people actually tell me they get their messages returned to them with some sort of deivery error.

The weird thing is I still get some mail.

So why are some exclusive senders discriminated and some not?
lwc

Postby SysKoll » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:10 pm

Hum, that's weird indeed.

Lwc, can you ask your correspondant for the error message they got? You could send us the header in a private message. If you use a regular ISP, your email should NOT be blocked.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby JRobert » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:09 am

I'm seeing delays of one to several hours for messages - especially email confirmation messages from new signups - to reach me through spamgourmet. The delay is always in the handoff from the originator's last host to spamgourmet's first host. Up to that point, and from that point on, the mail moves within seconds. I've been seeing this happening for weeks, at least.
JRobert

Postby SysKoll » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:41 am

That would make sense, considering we are constantly under denial-of-service attack. The legit SMTP servers are prevented from reaching us because spammers' botnets are tying up our connections.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby lwc » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:54 am

Today I got my missing mail from yesterday (of course, maybe some mail is still lost and the exclusive senders didn't notify me in another way than e-mail)!

As for your question, the specific exclusive sender that complained about a delivery error got this error in the return message:
Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
lwc

Next

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...