How can I clean up my Spamgourmet account?

Use this forum to get help.

How can I clean up my Spamgourmet account?

Postby Mailstop101 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:03 pm

I have a few disposable addresses I'd like to delete completely. I created them, they served their purpose, and now I'd like to un-clutter my list of disposable addresses. Is there any way to do that? Could be I've missed some incredibly obvious method for doing so, but I can't see it if it's there.

Also, what is the deal with the number of messages to be forwarded? I usually give "99" as the number of allowable mails. However, looking again at my list of disposable addresses, an awful lot of them will only allow 20 total messages. Some of them, however, will allow the 99 I specified. What is going on there? It seems completely random.
Mailstop101

Postby lwc » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:27 pm

Some admin should look into your latter question, but as for the former question - RTFM (well, I guess it's RTFFAQ in this case).

But if you're lazy, I can tell you that, just like deleting your account itself, it's impossible. Not only technically, but in principle. But don't be discouraged, as you can still choose to "hide" unneeded addresses.

And maybe, just maybe, Spamgourmet admins would one day accept my request to browse only hidden addresses.
lwc

Re: How can I clean up my Spamgourmet account?

Postby vellire » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Mailstop101 wrote:I have a few disposable addresses I'd like to delete completely. I created them, they served their purpose, and now I'd like to un-clutter my list of disposable addresses. Is there any way to do that? Could be I've missed some incredibly obvious method for doing so, but I can't see it if it's there.

When you are browsing the list, click on any of the addresses and you will go to a screen where you can set the number of remaining messages to 0 and change the address to "hidden." This can de-clutter your list considerably.

Mailstop101 wrote:Also, what is the deal with the number of messages to be forwarded? I usually give "99" as the number of allowable mails. However, looking again at my list of disposable addresses, an awful lot of them will only allow 20 total messages. Some of them, however, will allow the 99 I specified. What is going on there? It seems completely random.

My understanding is that any number above 20 will be treated like 20, but that's just my experience.
vellire

Postby mysticturner » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:04 pm

It is not possible to delete an email address from SG and there's a reason why. SG addresses are added to the sg database when they either a) the first email with that address arrives or b) you send an email via SG using a new address. If you could delete the address, then the next time an email comes thru with the address you deleted, it would get created again. Instead you can Hide the address as suggested earlier. This will remove clutter, but the address will still continue to stop email if the count is zero and the sender is not in the exclusive sender list or trusted sender list.

The count issue as mentioned earlier is correct. The max is 20. Numbers used higher than 20 are reduced to 20. If you are getting more than 20 emails, are they from someone in the exclusive sender list or trusted sender list? If so, those emails do not reduce the count.
mysticturner

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...