usenet

Use this forum to get help.

usenet

Postby babuniki » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:38 am

I need some advice about the use of SG addresses in the usenet and/or googlegroups.

Until recently my SG addresses in the usenet were left untouched by spammers. Now every new SG address I create is soon spambotted and becomes useless for potential PMs.

What do you suggest me to do? Keep changing my SP addresses? Or - for older posts - keep repairing the SP address by setting up the number every time? Or any other workaround ...

BabuNiki
babuniki

Postby lwc » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:20 pm

If you use the old usenet, you might as well use the old way of mentioning addresses: myaddress@CUTTHISFORSPAM.myhost.com

Humans (and newbies don't usually write in usenet anymore) should be smart enough to cut what's needed to be cut when they write to you.
lwc

Postby babuniki » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:16 pm

lwc wrote:If you use the old usenet, you might as well use the old way of mentioning addresses: myaddress@CUTTHISFORSPAM.myhost.com

One indispensable condition for an address in the 'old' usenet is that it should be valid, i. e. it should not bounce like your example would do.

BabuNiki
babuniki

Postby josh » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:35 pm

If you have a web page, you could put that recently released SGMailto javascript on it, and then put a web link in your usenet posts that takes folks to the page with the sg mailto -- a little unconventional, but it would probably work.
josh

Postby vellire » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:32 pm

babuniki wrote:One indispensable condition for an address in the 'old' usenet is that it should be valid, i. e. it should not bounce like your example would do.

BabuNiki

I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I think you can still handle this with regular spamgourmet addressing. Say you want email to "myusenet~to~myhandle@recursor.net" - you could list it as "NOSPAMmyusenet~to~myhande@recursor.net" and set the NOSPAMmyusenet address to 0 remaining right away. Human emailers should know to remove NOSPAM, but the address is actually valid either way.
vellire

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...