Mail is not being forwarded today!

Use this forum to get help.

Mail is not being forwarded today!

Postby uigrad » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:16 pm

My mail should be going to a gmail account, but I haven't received any today.

I've tried sending test messages, and searching spamgourmet for those addresses. Spamgourmet shows them as being processed, but I'm not receiving anything at my gmail account.

I checked my spam folder on gmail, and it doesn't have anything. I've waited 5 hours now. My ID is the same as the one I am using on this webboard.

Is anyone else having this issue today?
uigrad

Postby tord » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:30 pm

I am having a similiar issue, except it doesn't show the address as being created at all. This happened when my account got disabled due to massive flood of spam coming in.

I sent a pm off thinking it got disabled again because they got out of control, but seeing this thread now even though seems to be a day later I am experincing it now.

Sent test message after not recieving email on what I signed up for. Never arrived. Been a good hour now at least. Hope its fixed soon and we recieve all of the missed mail
tord

Postby uigrad » Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:55 pm

I'm still having problems. Of the 8 test messages I've sent over the last 3 days, I've only received 2.
uigrad

Postby Odomus » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:10 pm

Can I ask which domains?
Frainkly I only use Mamber.net sometimes other but normally jsut mamber.

If you are getting slow or non processed to be sent try other domains... that might be a problem that can be solved immed by just switching for the time being till it can be solved.

-Odomus
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Postby de552 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:02 pm

I can confirm that Spamgourmet is having serious problems.

It seems that no mail is being forwarded to day... And it really sucks. I might loose a lot of email. Because many servers try to deliver email only for 24 hours.

I guess I have already lost a lot of mail...

p.s. www.spambob.com is working perfectly....

Code: Select all
####################################################################
# THIS IS A WARNING ONLY.  YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE. #
####################################################################

Your message could not be delivered for more than 15 minutes.
It will be retried until it is 24 hours old.
de552

Postby vellire » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:13 pm

Ditto. I just checked and I have missed at least 6 emails in the past two days, if I look at the count of emails sent compared to the number received.

I am trying to plan a wedding and it looks like I have missed at least 5 wedding-related messages. :(
vellire

Postby vellire » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:31 pm

I also tried changing my protected address and the confirmation email has not come through either. I changed it to my work address just to test, and I have indeed looked through the spam filter just in case, but no dice. :/
vellire

dfgh slow; SpamGourmet normal.

Postby Jim27106 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:41 pm

It appears that dfgh.net is backed up. I did get 2 out of 15 messages from 10am around 4pm. SpamGourmet.com looks to be okay.
Jim27106

Re: dfgh slow; SpamGourmet normal.

Postby de552 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:36 pm

Don't give misinformation. It's not backed up.

dfgh.net MX preference = 0, mail exchanger = gourmet.spamgourmet.com

Also from ping results it seems quite clear that spamgourmet.com is under attack or for some other reason running out of band width. Result is very high over 70% packet loss.
de552

Postby mysticturner » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:56 pm

Last night (around 9:00 PM CDT)I was expecting some email inbound and did not find it. Looking around the site, I found it to be EXTREMELY slow, especially the News button - in some cases 5 or 6 minutes to respond. I checked at about 2:30 AM I checked again. No mail, still slow, but a bit faster. Only just now (about 8:45 AM) is it back to normal. And the mail I was expecting last night showed up. Mailed at 6:30 last night. Here's the timestamps:

Sent to Verizon at 23:14 GMT
Recieved at SG 23:15 GMT
SG Internal loopback hop 12:29 GMT
at my ISP 12:29

Bottom line, it spent over 13 hours in SG. SG musta been having issue processing.

But right now it seems great. A email just received was processed in 9 seconds.
mysticturner

Postby SysKoll » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:01 pm

Yup, fellows, we're apparently under attack. Machine is running very high, lots of email in queue. Sorry.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby de552 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:01 pm

I got still tons of email in "transit". Going to SG or coming out from it.

Admins, how's the SG:s "output queue". So if it received all emails when it's going to deliver those out?

- Thanks
de552

Postby vellire » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:17 pm

[quote="vellire"]I also tried changing my protected address and the confirmation email has not come through either.[/quote]

It arrived just now, so mail is indeed coming through bit by bit.
vellire

Postby Odomus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:23 pm

SYskoll Is there anything which us users can help with?
Anything different we can do to take a load off of you?
or
Is there nothing we can do?

Just curious on if we should be using different domains so lessen the load on certin areas at all or what.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Looks like the floodgates just opened

Postby Trashpicker » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:18 pm

And I'm getting all the forwards that have been waiting since yesterday afternoon (including my forum registration so I can post this). Thanks for the help!
Trashpicker

Next

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...