myspace password notification shows as sent, not received

Use this forum to get help.

myspace password notification shows as sent, not received

Postby crusti » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:44 am

I have tried several times to get a password notification email from myspace, because my password was evidently reset as it no longer works. I checked the number of email sent through my address on the spamgourmet page and it was counting up, for each mail myspace sent to it. Yet, I received none of these. I tested the same address from home and email went through it just fine and I received it immediately.

Any information as to why the emails are reported as sent through the system, and go nowhere, would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
crusti
crusti

Postby josh » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:48 pm

are you getting any email through spamgourmet?
josh

spamgourmet mail from myspace not getting to me

Postby crusti » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:43 pm

Yes, I'm sorry I should have written that more explicitely.

I use a spamgourmet address as my myspace address. I needed to confirm this email address with myspace.

I used myspace's email confirmation system to send a confirmation email from myspace, through spamgourmet, to me. The spamgourmet page showed the sent mail count rising for this spamgourmet address, but the mail did not reach me. I tried this several times.

To test this very same spamgourmet address to ensure mail would pass through it, I sent mail from another non-spamgourmet email account to that address, and received it within seconds. That is, mail that myspace sent to this spamgourmet address didn't reach me but mail that I sent to the very same spamgourmet address did come back to me, almost immediately.

Thanks for reading,
crusti
crusti

Postby josh » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:27 pm

do you have an example of the confirmation message that didn't make it through? Sounded like you'd tried it direct and it worked.
josh

Myspace email address confirmation

Postby crusti » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:35 pm

Hi there, I do have the text of the email confirmation message that was sent to a regular email address from yahoo. This was upon creation of a totally different myspace account using a regular email address.

I do not have a copy of the email that was sent from myspace to my spamgourmet address which also was destined for a protected (but different) yahoo account because the email never got to the yahoo account. I checked the account via yahoo's webmail interface, and the mail did not appear in the inbox.

Note, the from address is rather long...

From: "MySpace Admin" <04.50.0.656AYZ8C6535352GL7P381214745421444702LAE6361@message.myspace.com>
To: a typical email address from yahoo
------------------------------
Subject: MySpace Email Verification
------------------------------
Hi [deleted username],

Thanks for verifying your email address.

To complete the process, click the link below:

http://collect.myspace.com/reloc.cfm?c= ... 12xxxxxxxx

-------------------------

At MySpace we care about your privacy. This email is never sent
unsolicited.

If you think you've received this email in error, or if you have any
questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at:

privacy@myspace.com

MySpace, Inc.
8391 Beverly Blvd. #349
Los Angeles, CA 90048
USA

?2003-2007 MySpace.com. All Rights Reserved.
crusti

Postby josh » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:36 am

hmm -- not suggesting a workaround, but rather a test: have you tried it without reply address masking enabled?
josh

Postby Odomus » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:07 pm

Just for FYI I use a SG Address Frainkly it is called:
MySpace.<username>@mamber.net
And it works fine(Takes a LONG LONG LONG time to receive 2 days for the first and 1-5 days for any responses to anything or updates)
I get them sent to my Gmail address, which that tells me when they were sent. Ie: the Hours-Days they were sent. Meaning the sent Hours/Days in the from. Plus I know when I requested, and when MySpace and other places When the Site send it out which is NORMALLY ALWAYS immed after it is updated/responded.
This is contigent if their own Email system isnt slowed down for me it hasent it is SG that is sending it late not MySpace.

Yes did try other ones Xoxy, and recursor, (frainkly all the other ones too) and Mamber was the fastest sadly.

One thing I can try and reccomend instead of using Yahoo as the final use Gmail... I dont use Yahoo anymore for one of 2 things, they delete real emails that shoudnt be marked as spam period, and they themsleves give out your email address to 3rd parties whichin turn return your email address at yahoo into crud. Hotmail is this way also.
Gmail at least gives you everything good or bad, and makes you decided for yourself... yes there might be no clickable buttons to mark as 'spam' to inturn delete forever type as yahoo is supposed to do as well as hotmail... but Gmail+SG = Godly ... in Spam protection. I couldnt live without SG Anymore... I have tried others, HoTPOP(which almost did the same thing as SG but they sold or gave away my REAL email address to others not my HotPoP address) so that one sucked... and a few other that I had forwarding get up on that wasent as good since ont he Fly I couldnt just add the Place then a . then my name then always use the domain at the end of my chosing to just get sent to the same address since some palces block certin domains and not others (usually the domains with the word 'spam' in them or known 'spam' eaters like xoxy or recursor which Iam finding out more and more OR dfgh.net which tells the sites that it is just a 'random' domain not a real one which odly it is real or the email wouldnt work at all but they dont know that)

Anyways, my sugg get gmail, and see what happens all in all to the emails then. And see if they are late on MySpace or SG side this is a good way of reporting back to the people here.

-Odomus

Again sorry for typing alot that is how I am I apologize.
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.
Odomus

Postby SysKoll » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:58 pm

I am trying to see why this happens. It's possible that the myspace mail server is graylisting us. This means that every time we send an email to them, we get one or more temporary error, and the email goes back in the queue.

I am looking in the log here and I see that an email from myspace was forwarded to a user without any delay:

gourmet sendmail[29463]: l8GEothG029451: to="|/home/jqh1/sg/spameater", ctladdr=<myspace.8.c.....@mamber.net> (500/500), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, pri=33024, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

I'll keep looking.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

reply address masking

Postby crusti » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:28 pm

Today I turned off reply-address-masking and it worked!

Thanks everyone...I don't know what's special about myspace, I had reply address masking enabled for everything else and there was no issue. Since I don't use myspace on a regular basis it took me a while to return to this issue.

Thanks again!
crusti
crusti

Postby josh » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:51 pm

Can you PM me the headers of the message that came through without reply address masking?
josh

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...