how do i remove the number from the middle of an address?

Use this forum to get help.

how do i remove the number from the middle of an address?

Postby sarahwbs » Mon May 28, 2007 7:03 pm

I'd like to know how to remove the number from the middle of an address after it has been created. For example, say I create this address:

somesite.20.myusername@xoxy.net

But later want to change it to:

somesite.myusername@xoxy.net

How can I do this? For the most part I just use the address without the number and it works fine. But if I try to send a message from the address, it continues to use the number.
sarahwbs

Postby lwc » Thu May 31, 2007 8:10 am

Josh promised to allow changing in the reply masking some day, but until then you can just ignore the number whenever you set your "from" in your e-mail program (as I understand you already realized).
lwc

Postby sarahwbs » Thu May 31, 2007 11:49 am

The problem I'm having is that I subscribed to a mailing list using the somesite.myusername@xoxy.net format of the email address, but when it was created, it had the ".20." in the middle. So when I use the "send a message from one of your disposable addresses" function, I can't choose the address without the ".20." in it, and any messages I try to send to the mailing list are rejected. Aside from updating my mailing list subscription, is there any way to get around this issue?

Sarah
sarahwbs

Postby josh » Thu May 31, 2007 6:24 pm

can you change the "from" address in your email software to be the address without the number, then change it back after you send the message? That should work.
josh

Postby sarahwbs » Thu May 31, 2007 7:51 pm

Sure I can. Is this possible? Will it result in my actual email address being included as part of the headers? I guess I just assumed since the "send a message from one of your disposable addresses" function was there it must mean that's the only way to do it and ensure that your email address remains private.
sarahwbs

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...