Local utility choking on xoxy (spamgourmet) address

Use this forum to get help.

Local utility choking on xoxy (spamgourmet) address

Postby 450dg » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:26 pm

I receive e-bills from my local electric utility. But a few months ago they switched their site to Meridian Cooperative, and presumably as a result, I no longer receive my bill.

The address I use for the utility's bill notification is xxx.10.xxx@xoxy.net (xoxy.net being one of the SG domains). What I think happened was that the new Meridian Cooperative system absorbed all the on-file email addresses from its predecessor (so my address was accepted), but has some internal block on messages going out to sg addresses.

I've contacted the utility to simply tell them that my address isn't receiving the bills though it used to, and figure out why not. But I'm not optimistic about them figuring it out. I of course could solve this by just putting in a more standard email address. But I'd rather figure out how I can continue to use my xoxy.net one, with the utility's new platform resuming notifying me at it.

Suggestions?
450dg

Re: Local utility choking on xoxy (spamgourmet) address

Postby mysticturner » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:42 pm

I've seen similar things occur. I think what is going on is that they are seeing all the extra domains like xoxy, dfgh (my personal favorite) as an alias of 0sg.net and when they do, they mark it as an invalid address. I've mostly seen this when creating a new SG address with a new site. I enter it using dfgh.net and it gets kicked out as invalid. Change the domain to 0sg.net or ob.0sg.net and it's accepted.
mysticturner

Postby FreeMan » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:40 pm

Change the domain to 0sg.net or ob.0sg.net and it's accepted.

That's really good info! It would be great if that could be posted somewhere on one of the main pages.

I've been using the xoxy.net alias for years and sometimes run across sites that won't accept it. When that happens I've had to give them my real @gmail or @protonmail.com address and it makes me shudder. I'll definitely try 0sg.net in the future.
The most important point in a man's life is knowing his time when it comes.
FreeMan

Postby mysticturner » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:34 am

Freeman
this thread is an old one and I should not have updated it.
The current issue is being handled in post

0sg.net bouncing for bad reverse lookups? https://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1901&sid=95bd7a77410c58606b8009e01caebf55&sid=95bd7a77410c58606b8009e01caebf55#p9069
mysticturner

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...