Blocked mails from Instagram

Use this forum to get help.

Re: Blocked mails from Instagram

Postby michaeldlr » Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:01 am

Spamgourmet's main domain is spamgourmet.com, so your address is
Code: Select all
word.myuser@spamgourmet.com
, however spamgourmet has other domains, some of which you can see in the FAQ. If you use the other domain fake.example.com, (N.B. this is not a real domain) for example, your address
Code: Select all
word.myuser@fake.example.com
would also work just the same as the address on spamgourmet.com.

If you have an existing instagram account that's blocked, then they might allow you to login and send a mail from it to change the address - I suspect not though. More likely you have to contact instagram support and ask them to either unblock the spamgourmet.com domain, explaining that it is not a spamming service or change the address, explaining that you are a legitimate user.
michaeldlr

Postby franzik7 » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:33 pm

Okay, thanks for the information regarding a different SG domain!

Concerning Instagram support, we're back at the beginning of this thread.
franzik7

Postby michaeldlr » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:46 pm

The useful things I can think of is

* I'm not 100% clear that you found the log of deleted messages. That has to be turned on in your options and then you look in advanced mode.

set
eaten message log: enabled
don't log for hidden addresses: disabled

* also in advanced mode there is a count of both sent and forwarded messages.
* If the forwarded messages increases more than the messages you get in your mail account then you have to look for where those mails are in your account or a failure in spamgourmet delivery
* if the eaten mail count increases you should now see something in the eaten message log (if not - that's a bug)
* if neither the eaten message count nor the forwarded message log increase then that's almost certainly something wrong with Instagram delivering to spamgourmet and that really needs instagram support to intervene (see discussion about twitter before)
* if there is a probem in delivery, it's most likely them blocking the domain but if not
* it could be related to the "recent troubles" discussion but we can only debug that if we get the error message from Instagram's side
michaeldlr

Postby franzik7 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:06 pm

Thanks, I know about the log of deleted messages. But there's no message from Instagram and the eaten mail count doesn't increase when I wait for a mail from Instagram.
franzik7

Postby michaeldlr » Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:10 pm

have you managed to verify that the "forwarded messages" count *does not* increase when you get a message from Instagram?
michaeldlr

Postby franzik7 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:35 pm

michaeldlr wrote:have you managed to verify that the "forwarded messages" count *does not* increase when you get a message from Instagram?

Yes, I checked this issue. The "forwarded messages" count does not increase when I would wait for a message from Instagram. It seems that Instagram doesn't send mails to spamgourmet addresses at all.
franzik7

Postby r2d2 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:53 pm

Hi, I've been able to get messages with the first domain on the drop down list. In advanced mode, click on "send a message from one of your spamgourmet addresses". then under the "or make a new one" section, there's a drop down list of other domains.
r2d2

Postby michaeldlr » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:18 am

@franzik7 - I'm afraid to say that there's nothing that the spamgourmet team or anyone here can do about that. Instagram likely has a domain block list and we often end up on those despite not really being the type of service they should be blocking. Try their support of course and then the only thing I can recommend is shouting on other social media (I'd say twitter of old, but that seems to be being replaced by mastodon since the key developers all left), traditional media and widely read forums since many of these companies seem to pay more attention to such things than to their own "customers".
michaeldlr

Postby lwc » Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:03 am

franzik7 wrote:Does anyone have an idea what else I could try to get emails from Instagram to reactivate this Instagram account?

franzik7 wrote:Well, tough question if it's worth to contact the Instagram support. To be honest, I didn't even find a way how to do that. I only found heaps of FAQ pages...

You may be glad to know 2 days ago they launched https://www.instagram.com/hacked/ - a way to help regain access to your account. For example, you will be able to choose two of your Instagram friends to verify your identity and get back into your account.

Crossing fingers it'll give your access back.

See news announcement.
lwc

Previous

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...