registration seems open again but impossible

Use this forum to get help.

Re: registration seems open again but impossible

Postby Demetrios » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:01 pm

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [no address given] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) Server at http://www.spamgourmet.com Port 443

I tried to register on 13th February 2022 but encountered the same Internal Server Error.
Demetrios

Postby pogue972 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:49 pm

Unfortunately, the admin, Josiah seems to have completely abandoned SG - for whatever reason. No one can get in touch with him.

For the time being, you will be unable to register for spamgourmet.
pogue972

Postby skaus » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:31 am

Hi all, the login throws a 500 Internal error, still. You cannot register with a non-SG mail address either, so nobody can ask for help here.
skaus

Postby michaeldlr » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:49 pm

It turns out that the internal captcha service has been crashing which blocked the registration. Josiah has now restarted this. If it fails again please report. I've also created a ticket on GitHub for gathering any information about future failures.
michaeldlr

Postby pogue972 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:40 am

michaeldlr wrote:It turns out that the internal captcha service has been crashing which blocked the registration. Josiah has now restarted this. If it fails again please report. I've also created a ticket on GitHub for gathering any information about future failures.

Oh Spamgourmet has a Github now! Brilliant!
pogue972

Postby dragonfeather » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:01 pm

Had the same internal server error today morning when I tested this out by trying to create a new account. No useful info visible to the user and will apparently be in the server log.
dragonfeather

Postby pogue972 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:55 am

RIP SpamGourmet. No one can get ahold of Josiah. All the Spamgourmet domains are blocked. No one can sign up for a new account. I'd say this service is DOA.
pogue972

Postby lwc » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:56 am

pogue972 wrote:All the Spamgourmet domains are blocked. I'd say this service is DOA.

I won't comment on the rest of your post, but regarding domains (except two) - just because they're listed on blacklists doesn't mean everyone uses those blacklists.
So before you put Spamgourmet to sleep, I use it for almost 100% of my mails, so obviously most services don't use those blacklists.
Yes, the 1% is very annoying because I have to expose my real address (thankfully I can still give task-specific email addresses).
But I at least get to enjoy Spamgourmet for the other 99%.
lwc

Postby pogue972 » Tue May 03, 2022 9:24 pm

[/b]
lwc wrote:
pogue972 wrote:All the Spamgourmet domains are blocked. I'd say this service is DOA.

I won't comment on the rest of your post, but regarding domains (except two) - just because they're listed on blacklists doesn't mean everyone uses those blacklists.
So before you put Spamgourmet to sleep, I use it for almost 100% of my mails, so obviously most services don't use those blacklists.
Yes, the 1% is very annoying because I have to expose my real address (thankfully I can still give task-specific email addresses).
But I at least get to enjoy Spamgourmet for the other 99%.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. Are you saying all but TWO of the domains are blocked or all BUT TWO are blocked?

Because last time I checked, it was all but 1 or 2.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/disposable-email-domains/disposable-email-domains/master/disposable_email_blocklist.conf

Also, one other gripe I have with this forum is that it logs you out CONSTANTLY. That's very seriously annoying.
pogue972

Postby lwc » Wed May 04, 2022 7:48 am

pogue972 wrote:Because last time I checked, it was all but 1 or 2

That's indeed what I meant.

Also, one other gripe I have with this forum is that it logs you out CONSTANTLY. That's very seriously annoying.

Yes, for some reason it requires a &sid=... at the end of each internal link, so when people link from one thread to another you get logged out in that link.
A quick bypass is to copy the sid from the window you're at into the other link...
lwc

Postby tmski » Fri May 27, 2022 2:43 pm

Hello all,

I tried to create an account today (2022-05-27) at this page https://www.spamgourmet.com/index.pl?languageCode=EN and yes I get the same 500 Internal Server Error. Is there another page that we can try to create an account perhaps?
tmski

Postby michaeldlr » Tue May 31, 2022 1:31 pm

@tmski - that would be the only way to register. Dev team is aware and after we have replicated will make sure an admin knows.
michaeldlr

Postby operaciones » Sun Jun 05, 2022 4:23 pm

While some days ago I received internal server error trying to register an email...

Now I receive a page without image for the captcha. Looked into the github and...

image links to https://www.spamgourmet.com/captcha/capVKI93w2n.jpg
The outcome from that link into a browser tab states "the image cannot be displayed because it contains errors"
Registration not possible as captcha not shown.

Seems this is happening again?

Can anyone solve this? Give the right nudge in the right system?

TIA
operaciones

Postby operaciones » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:20 pm

Something changed...

Now I get for the image url

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.
Apache/2.4.38 (Debian) Server at www.spamgourmet.com Port 443

But captcha not showing yet...
operaciones

Postby michaeldlr » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:54 am

The old version of the CAPTCHA service unfortunately terminates after some time. There's a new version of the service which is in process of an attempt to deploy but has hit internet problems at the admins home. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Apologies for the wait. In the meantime we believe that this only stops new registrations and everything else is independent and should be working.
michaeldlr

PreviousNext

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...