(German) servers block all SG domains since September

Use this forum to get help.

(German) servers block all SG domains since September

Postby lovespamgourmet » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:23 pm

Hello all,

Every once in a while I kept running into (German) companies who would block SG domains. Usually I asked the customer service team to send a message to their IT team to please unblock the one SG domain I was using.

Since about the beginning of September 2021 it seems all SG domains I have in use for a wide range of (German) companies have been blocked. My usual plea to unblock were futile. Unfortunately I have to communicate with several of these companies and had to switch to a clear mail account. In doing that I am giving up too much of the protection that the SG service offers.

I just scanned the boards for others who may have run into similar issues but find nothing.

Are there other users who've been running into more probs since September?

Any solutions besides -call the friendly IT guys of each company?

It seems the github block list contains all domains offered.

How much sense does it make if a few of us bought new domains? It is my understanding that the forwarding on the SG servers leaves a trail (what is that MX stuff?) so that those domains would also be blocked immediately.

Any other solutions?

Thanks, lovespamgourmet
lovespamgourmet

Re: (German) servers block all SG domains since September

Postby katha » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:10 pm

Hi,
I have no problem, getting Mails from different Companies in Germany, even today.
May be your "real" E-Mail-Account is at web/gmx? There have been really problems with forwarding any spamgourmet-Mails. I cancelled my web.de-Account and found another, which works really great.

Greetings
Katha

Hi,
ich erhalte Mails von verschiedenen Unternehmen in Deutschland. Adresse ins Kontaktformular eingegeben und kurze Zeit später in meinem Postfach.
Könnte es sein, daß der "richtige" Mailaccount bei web/gmx ist? Da gibt/gab es Probleme, mit dem Zustellen der Mails. Ich bin vor einem Jahr von web.de weggegangen, weil der der Support in Deutschland weder Joshua von spamgourmet geholfen hat, noch Interventionen hilfreicher Geister hier aus dem Forum etwas gebracht haben.
Viele Grüße
Katha
katha

Postby lovespamgourmet » Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:31 pm

Hi Katha,
Thank you. No, I have no such accounts.
lovespamgourmet

Postby mUbscom » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:57 pm

Also from Germany here and no problems at all. Using my spamgourmet adresses for everything and do not miss any mail.
Looks to me like an issue with the provider of the target mail address :(
mUbscom

Postby lovespamgourmet » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:38 pm

Hello mUbscom -

Yes, I agree, it looks like the providers or the IT departments of the companies I am mailing to are blocking mail coming in from my SG addresses. I invested much time to individually deal with each IT department, but this time round without success.

How would you go about: what would be your next steps towards finding a solution so my future mails from SG addresses are delivered to the designated recipients?

Thanks, lovespamgourmet
lovespamgourmet

Postby mysticturner » Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:30 am

I've noticed an increase in my SG email addresses being rejected when trying to create a new account for example. I think what is going on is that our domains all alias to one domain, 0sg.net, and the aliases are being rejected. Try sending a test to a SG address with the domain replaced: spamcowboy@spamgourmet.com --> spamcowboy@0sg.net.
mysticturner

Postby lovespamgourmet » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:52 am

mysticturner wrote:I've noticed an increase in my SG email addresses being rejected when trying to create a new account for example. I think what is going on is that our domains all alias to one domain, 0sg.net, and the aliases are being rejected. Try sending a test to a SG address with the domain replaced: spamcowboy@spamgourmet.com --> spamcowboy@0sg.net.

Excellent solution! Many thanks! Tried it and it works.
lovespamgourmet

Postby lovespamgourmet » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:48 am

Hello all,

my declaration of solution was a bit too early.

Sending with ending main domain 0sg.net worked for the testmail, but following mails get blocked again - without notice that mail was not delivered.

Still looking for a solution. If you have ideas, please post them.

lovespamgourmet
lovespamgourmet

Postby pogue972 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:23 pm

I'm a little late to the party, but one of the main reasons of this is that there is a free and frequently updated blocklists for deposable email addresses (DEA)

ATTN: Josiah!!! SG is in DESPERATE need of some New Domains

I'm sure there are MANY providers that use this free list.
pogue972

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...