New address lost first two messages.

Use this forum to get help.

New address lost first two messages.

Postby mwg » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:37 am

I hit an interesting, and irritating, wrinkle in the last day.

I use Spamgourmet to give every company I deal with a different address. After placing an order and doing the usual of giving them an address of their own, I found that in this case, the service claims to have forwarded two messages from the company in question, but I never received them.

I'm trying to see if I can get the company to re-send them, but here is the odd bit: I sent myself a message from a different origin account to that address, and it arrived at my protected address, but it said it was the first message (1 of 20). I didn't notice at first, but the while the service incremented the Forwarded counter, it did not increment the Remaining counter until my test message went through. It now reads 3 forwarded, 19 remaining.

This is the first failure I can remember. Anyone have any ideas?
mwg

Re: New address lost first two messages.

Postby kolobok » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Something definitely went wrong :( Right now I am looking into the case when box.com sent me (to the spamgourmet address @xoxy.work) a confirmation message. Then I have sent to the same address two more just to check if it is alive. Now, spamgourmet reports, that 3 messages were forwarded, but I have got nothing. At the same time delivery to my other spamgourmet addresses works just fine...
kolobok

Return to Support / Hilfe / ayuda / ondersteuning / ...