It's been a while, but I'm back :)

Discussion re sg development. You don't have to be a developer.

It's been a while, but I'm back :)

Postby Indy » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:45 pm

It's been a while, but I'm back. And this time I'm loaded with an all new website and web configuration.

I've been content with using SG for ALL my e-mail protection needs, but along with my new site INDY.cc came new responsiblities and new challenges. I'd like to challenge myself yet again by trying to get a version of the spameater running on my servers somehow. So, I will now quote the SG FAQ page and say:

write the info contact if you need help setting it up (and if you can do it without help, please write the info contact anyway -- it'll make him feel better about the whole thing)

So, who can help me?

- Indy
Indy

Postby josh » Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:50 pm

Indy,
Sorry for the delay. We're in a fairly sorry state, not having done a release for quite some time. Can you access the CVS tree at sourceforge? That's where I'd go to get the code.

Josh
josh

Postby Indy » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:24 pm

Not a problem. You guys have bigger fish to fry anyway, but if you do find some time to give me a hand you can IM me. (I'll need you to PM your IM address to me that way I can allow your address.)

I've gone to the CVS SF page, but I'm still a little perplexed. Don't I just dl it from the SG "downloads" page?

In any case, I'm in no hurry, so just contact me whenever.

- Indy
Indy

Postby Indy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:18 pm

I decided I'd post again here for the benefit of all.

I know you guys are buried and for that reason, I don't want to ask for any immediate help (right now ;)) Anyway... here's the general question that should benefit anyone that wishes to use SG on their own domain....

What are the server requirements and initial set up requirements for SG to work with a domain? (What I mean by this are things like ssh, Linux OS, MySQl, etc. Any info is helpful even a link.)

- Indy
Indy

Postby josh » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:52 pm

You need:

Linux. Any unix will probably work
Perl. 5.004+
Sendmail -- other mail servers will probably work
mysql. Other databases will probably work

for the website
Apache 1.3+ (or 2.x)

There are some more specific dependencies (mostly perl modules), but not many
josh