using SG with Qmail

Discussion re sg development. You don't have to be a developer.

using SG with Qmail

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:44 pm

By: nobody ( Nobody/Anonymous )
using SG with Qmail
2003-04-21 10:53
First, thanks for the great program and service. I just signed up and can't wait to start using SG.

I currently have spamassassin and qmail setup on my own box for email, and I really like the thought behind SG.

I downloaded SG, and was looking at what it would take to use qmail's username-whatever-whatever-whatever-etc delivery format. Pretty much the opposite of what SG does now.

If no one here is interested in developing it, I could give some friends some beer and see if they could do it, but here are my thoughts:

1. Qmail uses .qmail if addressed to username.
2. for username-something, qmail uses .qmail-something or .qmail-default (in that order and so on).
3. I could use a mysql db (my machine), but it would be nice if SG scaled down like spamassassin, and could use flat files in the user's dir.

Anyway, are there any thoughts before I go buy some beer?

Jeb Campbell
jebc@c4solutions.net

PS--I apologize if this is not the right place for this post, I just love the design of SG and would like to integrate it in to as many systems as I can.

By: jqh1 ( Josiah Hamilton )
RE: using SG with Qmail
2003-06-26 13:40
Jeb,
That's a perfect post for this forum -- I aplogize for not repying sooner. I'll have to take a few minutes later today and consider -- I'll write more soon.

Josh

Return to Developers