Please apply exclusive sender to CC

Discussion re sg development. You don't have to be a developer.

Please apply exclusive sender to CC

Postby lwc » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:43 pm

And not just to TO. Some mainstream mailing lists use CC for the exclusive sender. They put your Spamgourmet address as the TO.
e.g.
Code: Select all
To: chosen_alias.your_user@spamgourmet.com
CC: exclusive@sender

So if you do not do this, I may have to put add my spamgourmet address as the exclusive sender. This will hurt both my protection and your service. Please just support CC instead.
lwc

Re: Please apply exclusive sender to CC

Postby johnny1000 » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:34 am

Greetings,

I support this proposal.
I too need for SG's exclusive sender regex to match against the Cc: field.

I link to my own topic here:
https://bbs.spamgourmet.com/viewtopic.php?t=1895

Our use cases differ slightly, as lwc's use case has an SG address in the To: field, whereas my use case has a non-SG address in the To: field.
However, I propose that both use cases would be acommodatet for, by SG adding the Cc: field to the fields that the exclusive sender regex matches against.

Best regards :)
Johnny :)
johnny1000

Re: Please apply exclusive sender to CC

Postby michaeldlr » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:37 pm

This is discussed in GitHub issue 54. I can't see any reason why this should cause problems since, if a spammer knows the exclusive address to add it to the CC field they could also add it to other fields. I do expect, though, that turning it on could lead to quite a number of additional mails being forwarded for mailing lists that had caused an expiry but now were succeeding.

If anyone can see any other objections or wants to help please comment on GitHub.
michaeldlr

Return to Developers