Publicising Spamgourmet?

General discussion re sg.

Publicising Spamgourmet?

Postby Improbulus » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:48 am

Hi, I've been using Spamgourmet for some months and think it's fab (I've also donated).

It's so great that I am thinking of blogging about it and maybe doing a howto, but I am conscious that it's a free service and while my readership isn't vast I wouldn't want Spamgourmet to get overloaded... (that's in my own interests too!).

So I wanted to get the views of the Spamgourmet bods. If you'd rather I didn't blog about it, or think it's OK to blog about it but to not do a howto, then let me know, I'll do whatever you wish.

Cheers
Imp.
Improbulus

Postby josh » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:04 pm

Thanks for the encouraging words! We do run on a shoestring budget, but part of the fun is setting things up to be able to handle some traffic anyway. We've had small bursts of publicity in the past, and it's never caused a problem for us.

On average, we have between 70 and 100 users sign up each day. We've never been covered on the front page of slashdot, but somebody did put a link high up on a discussion page once, and that was our busiest sign-up day -- about 500 new users. The system didn't flinch, as far as I could tell (we've also been covered by a bunch of magazines, newspapers, etc., but that was nothing compared to that slashdot link).

So... Bring it on! :)
josh

Postby Improbulus » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:46 pm

Well, done it now Josh! Hope you like it... http://consumingexperience.blogspot.com ... rvice.html

And thanks again for a superb service.

Best,
Imp.
Improbulus

Postby SysKoll » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:23 pm

Improbulus,

Thank you for the great review and the excellent HOW-TO that you have published in your blog.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Postby josh » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:49 pm

I absolutely concur -- you did a great job of summarizing things. Thanks!!!
josh

Postby Improbulus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:44 am

Hi there, thanks for reading my post and a belated thank you for your kind comments - I'm glad you liked my review/summary and I guess I can't have got things too wrong or else you'd have said!

Keep it up, I find Spamgourmet absolutely indispensable.
Improbulus

Re: Publicising Spamgourmet?

Postby mika84 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:12 pm

Improbulus wrote:Hi, I've been using Spamgourmet for some months and think it's fab (I've also donated).

Same here. Altough now I have own domain and private email server creating something like sg would be rather easy. But automatic creation of accounts and working forwarding with web-based configuration... It's hard to compete that easily.

Especially if I'm talking about "temporary" email accounts that will beused just for a few emails instead of being actually used for years.

Your message stats: 1,543 forwarded, 683 eaten. You have 275 disposable address(es).
mika84

Return to General Discussion