Eaten messages count

General discussion re sg.

Eaten messages count

Postby V-Man » Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:33 am

I like the feature that remembers the time/sender of eaten messages, but would like to suggest two improvements:

1. Option to select the time zone in which times are displayed.

2. Ability to prevent mails to hidden SG addresses from being logged. This is because the log only ever shows eaten messages sent to one of my addresses because it is very heavily abused. I don't care about emails to that address, I know they'll always be of no value, and would prefer to see messages eaten from my other addresses (in case I choose to make them a trusted sender so they're not eaten next time).

Thanks for a great anti-spam tool. Now I've learnt about adding multiple exclusive senders, it has comprehensively solved my spam troubles.
V-Man

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:12 am

I agree - this would be very valuable.

I, for one, don't hide any disposables, since I like to keep tabs on the NUMBER of eaten spams, but, for disposables which get a lot of spam, seeing the forged 'senders' is of no value. For the eaten message log, I want to see the UNUSUAL messages. Since I get more than 3 spams between logins to spamgourmet, MY eaten message log is completely useless.

I say, make this setting separate from the 'hide' function: Add a setting for each individual disposable to block logging of eaten messages. This would make the whole thing more flexible.

Postby Guest of Sun Mar 27 2005 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:50 pm

This is me again. I guess from the lack of reply that this is another of those otherwise nice things that might be imposing a bit too much on Josh and Syskol.

I think all the end users [including myself] should try to take it easy on our founders. They do enough!

Also, how?s about some other programmers working on all these new features? There have to be SOME programmers who use this service. I can't be sure, but it looks like there are very few contributors on the developer pages.

Mia culpa in this area too - I consider myself a programmer of some merit [of several 'legacy' systems], but I haven't even LOOKED to see what language SG is written in, much less tried to learn it and contribute.

Oh well, onward and upward!
Guest of Sun Mar 27 2005

Postby SysKoll » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:17 pm

SG is written in Perl and the code's complexity is rated 2 aspirins out of 5.

So as you can see, it's not too hard to actually look at the code.
-- SysKoll
SysKoll

Return to General Discussion