Need to reactivate an "eaten" email.

General discussion re sg.

Need to reactivate an "eaten" email.

Postby JimJamJay » Thu May 15, 2014 9:52 pm

I signed up for itunes in 2009 with a spamgourmet account. They recently sent me an email saying I have to verify my email AGAIN.... but the address is long gone. Anything I can do?
JimJamJay

Re: Need to reactivate an "eaten" email.

Postby jamesd » Mon May 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Which email address is long gone? The SpamGourmet one or the one email is forwarded to from here?

If the latter, change the place emails get forwarded to and ask them for another verification email.

If the former and you no longer have access to the SpamGourmet account you could try sending an email to the current owner of the account using that SpamGourmet address. If they agree then you can ask for a verification email again, provided you trust them not to steal your itunes account using the email address.

You could also ask about other ways to verify and change email address, perhaps using a linked credit card for authentication.
jamesd

Postby JimJamJay » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 pm

I signed up for itunes with the spamgourmet email in 2009. Apple now uses that ID for many other things. I am locked out of my account because I used a spamgourmet email that forwards to my regular email. My regular email is still working.

I have access to the spamgourmet account, but I don't see any way of reactivating the email.

THe email I used was like this:

someword.5.user@spamgourmet.com

They sent me more than 5 emails and as far as I can tell, the email has "self destructed"

Any further advice?
JimJamJay

Postby jamesd » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:51 am

jamesd

Postby josh » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:27 pm

JimJamJay wrote:I have access to the spamgourmet account, but I don't see any way of reactivating the email.
search for the address, then click on it and specify a number of remaining messages larger than zero and save.
josh

Return to General Discussion